The One Year Commitment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK signen on the dotted line an committen  to one year of bein a NOPE head. At least I'm smart enough to know I need the nope.

EDIT: Why has noone mentioned if this is legalised NOPE??? Do I need to be watching for the cops with I have me daily NOPE??????????????????????????????????

Edited by notsmokinjo
coffee overload induced random thought
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I committed to one year at qsmb.....and I did it! Noped every single day! Now that I am over here....I commit to another year (at least) of doing the daily nope and offering support to others who may need it!

commitment.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

For the most part, my quit has consumed my thoughts and attention the past several weeks. But each time I thought of the quit lasting more than the next moment or a day, I began to get overwhelmed. 

I was at lunch, in my deep thought and meditation state, asking myself...What do I want from this?  A moment, a day, a week, a month? And I came to a calm place with the answer...I want to never smoke a cigarette again ... ever! And rather than get overwhelmed, I was at peace with myself. I understand there will be battles with my thoughts, but as someone wise  and experienced said...the war is won. I ALREADY QUIT. I don't need to continue fighting that war; but I must be diligent and strong in fighting the  isolated battles/attacks to keep my freedom. 

I commit to 1 year here.  But don't be suprised if you have to put with me for a lot longer. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

the war is won. I ALREADY QUIT. I don't need to continue fighting that war; but I must be diligent and strong in fighting the  isolated battles/attacks to keep my freedom. 

Love this !!!.....you are indeed already a fabulous non smoker....all you have to do..is stay a non smoker....well done !!!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I commit to a year because that’s when I get myself a new 4K big screen LCD television. I want at least a 55  Incher. Maybe even some new audio equipment too.

I’ve had the same 36 inch plasma for more than 10 years. It’s time… and I deserve it!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I started off noping accidentely. Then the intended but cautious nope once in a while, afterwards waiting for some miracle fairy to land on my shoulder telling me everythings gonna be alright now and that I am safe in the garden of nopers. 

Last week it clicked. Daily noping won't save me from lighting up, daily noping will strengthen my resolve. Only me, myself and I have the responsability for lighting/not lighting up. 

Humble because I'm only 7 weeks in ... but uhm, I think I'm finally on to something the old sages keep repeating ?.

So, I am committing to one year (and the inner voice saying ... 'You? You don't like being part of groups, you don't make commitments! What about that commitment you made as a child after that one horrible thing happened, the commitment you made to do it all by yourself?' Well. Maybe it's time to ditch that one and replace it for something new. ?

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Vivianne said:

Thought about it, and I am willing to stay on this forum at least one year. Helping myself, keeping the quit solid and by doing that being there for other quitters.

And you will end up here longer than a year.  You will come to love us all and not be able to live without us.  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2