The One Year Commitment

I committ to a year. My last quit failed at 7 months because of what GeaceLove mentioned. Complacency. Got too comfortable last quit, like, "I got this!" One puff later and I was DONE! WELL NOT THIS TIME NICOTINE!!! I got smarter and stronger from that last quit. This one sticks. I want to be here to support and be supported. NOPE!!!

• Like 6

Glad to have ya Rob :) Great attitude too. You know the drill and now you have that previous quit and relapse experience to draw from so I think you will be just fine. Look forward to following your journey with us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Doreen, would you believe it? I have TWO little men now.

Mav was three in Jan (just ahead of my quit date) and Daxton will be one next month

So grateful to not be 'stinky grandma'

Oh wow !!!

Congratulations to all...how lovely ..xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to commit to 1 year/12 months of NOT Smoking & being a member this fantastic forum! Please!

Smart move lad. If you stick with people that have been through this struggle ready to support you, plus all the information, youll be increading your chances of success. And im sure you will suceed :)

• Like 2

On my up to visit w/you! Thank again for this great forum & having support is very important to our recovery! I'm looking forward to many days, months & years of being a non smoker & can't think of better place to be! I'm buckled up & ready for a fantastic voyage!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the wrong idea.

I thought this forum was to tease the one they call "Bakon". But then someone mentioned trying to quit smoking. I thought, "Well, that is a tangent from the main point of this place, yes?" Then it got mentioned a few times. I thought, "well I just gave it up myself early October. Maybe I can join the chat."

The reason I am here - I followed a friend here (though she is presently MIA) but stayed for the mostly light-hearted chat. I am still not sure if this is mainly a "quit smoking board" or a "poke good fun at each other board" but either way who wouldn't enjoy it?

But anyways - I am not planning on taking up smoking again as there is NO reason to. I gave away my cigarette rolling machine and I am not about to go pay $5 a pack for some stupid nasty cancer sticks. So yeah, being on board for a year is but the beginning. Coming up on two months quit, the desire to smoke has faded to a faint background noise a couple times a day and lasts maybe two seconds.

I shall be here.

• Like 5

So glad to see your commitment to stay smoke free for 1 year...folks who commit to this..usually go off and have a great smoke free life...

We tease Bakon..O.M.G....I nearly choked on my breakfast... It's clear you have not read past posts..

You have alot to learn ...

I am still here because for me...this place worked... We do have a fun side...and a serious side...I feel the balance is just right...

There is a saying...Take what you want...and leave the rest....

We love our Bakon..warts and all...x

• Like 3