The One Year Commitment

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still here, more than 2 years after my pledge. I guess you are stuck with me guys, even if I'm not here as often as I used to be.

I haven't thought about smoking a cigarette for bloody ages now; it's been so long that I can't even remember!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The quit forum was the most powerful tool I used to stay quit, beyond all doubt.

Same here!!

I often participate in other forums (alcoholism and drug addiction forums, classic car restoration forums, and current event/debate type forums) I'll sometimes come across someone who mentions they are struggling with trying to quit smoking.

My reply is ALWAYS the same: I send them the link to here.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok; I've seen and heard enough here to make me want to commit to a one year pledge to keep coming back here and sharing what I can with you old timers as well as those newbies that have yet to join us.

I never tried to do anything like quitting smoking before and didn't really know what it would be like or what I would need to do to be successful at it. Once I had stopped and was in the depths of hell week, I figured there must be others out here who are going through this and maybe they could help me keep at it. I never imagined I'd find the kind of support I have found here. It is truly that extra ingredient I needed to get me through the tough times.

I'm feeling ever stronger about being able to beat this addiction into the history books of my consciousness but I also know I need to keep this goal top of mind to be sure I make this my permanent quit. Joining you all here and pledging NOPE as well as sharing stories about our common experiences on a regular basis will be just the thing I need in order to accomplish this. While I'm here, I can only hope that I have the same positive affect on someone else that you all have had on me :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I love this post R...

Everyone here has so much to offer in supporting each other..oldies,middleuns.. Newbies...

This is why this fabulous place works..

You my friend are a great asset here...posting your yearly pledge..is a great tool..

Between you and us...you will reach that lido deck with pride...

I believe those quitters who find themselves here..are the luckiest quitter ever...

And now and again ..we have fun..

I'm in, as of now, tonite, smoked my last cigarette! Im committed to being with you all for at least a yr. everyday I'm going to need you all for awhile. Been hedging & hawing about to use the patch or go cold turkey. But with my support team here I think I'll do cold turkey. You'll be seeing me everyday for awhile

• Like 3

Welcome (again) Stwine!

You can commit any time you like. Your commitment is a good thing as it's really a promise to yourself that you will stay close to the community for the support you will no doubt need along the way. Actually, the people who do commit here and stay with the board along the way are much more successful than those that do not make the commitment so; welcome aboard!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While stuffing my face with tangerine after tangerine, and cursing out my Hell Week, I lurked here. And read. Post after post. Topic after topic. And it kept me sane. And it kept me from putting things in my mouth and setting them on fire. And it showed me that quitting was possible. That life after smoking could be really, really good. And that gave me hope, motivated me and kept me going, hour after hour.

And so, about two and a half weeks into my quit, I jumped aboard. And, aside from my initial decision to quit, joining this forum is the best decision I've made. No one can do this for you - you have to want it for yourself - but they can sure make that journey better and so much easier. Quitting doesn't seem so frightening to me anymore. I'm actually enjoying it. 

Though I have people who support me offline, it's not quite the same. Here, you'll always be supported, and understood and welcomed by a great community of people who really know exactly what you're going through, or have been through or will go through.

I haven't been here long, and yet, I feel I'm right where I should be. (And I really, really like you guys. :wub: ) So, you're now stuck with me! I pledge at least a year. I'm here to be supported, and to offer my support wherever it's needed. Let's do this thing!  :)

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I've already committed to a year at another board and I will do the same here. I've had many months long quits in the past so I am not taking anythig for granted. I will not get complacent. I will NOPE every day.

Thank you. 

• Like 7