Hello Everyone

Mike

Hello, Everyone.

So, what can I say? It's nice to speak with you? Yes, that fits ...

Very shortly, after my “Smobriety Anny” (Dec 01/13), the Major Depression I had been struggling with for ~ 3 months, started to manifest itself with an old familiar defence mechanism, of pushing people away, including you, by picking fights with people and being vulgar. I erroneously rationalized the fighting, by telling myself that it is alright, as I wasn't being a bully because, I only picked fights with guys, that I knew could hit back, (metaphorically). Of course it is still, inappropriate behavior. I am hoping the people whom I have fought with, can know that in reality I admire them, for having their convictions and strength.  For the vulgarity, well ... there is no way for me to rationalize such actions. I wish to apologize for these things. I am not seeking forgiveness.

By March of this year, I started smoking again and am quitting today.

Although bloodied and bruised, know that I'm still standing and please do not worry, when I am not here, for I am busy tumbling, ...............    “Down the rabbit-hole” again.

Luv yous.

“Down the Rabbit-Hole”- What Does It Mean?

• Like 4

We have been wondering where the Stop Sign Guy went off to.  Glad you made it to the QT!  The past is the past Mike.  Today is a new day.  A fresh start in many ways.  Welcome home :)

p.s.  Don't forget to stop by the numbers game!

• Like 3

Mike, welcome back!  You're back on track and right where you need to be.  Very glad to see you back.  Anything you need, just ask.  We're here to help you in any way we can.  Today is a new beginning.  Glad to see you're taking advantage of this gift.

Don't beat yourself up too much.  Onwards and upwards.  :)

• Like 1

Hello Mike,

Damn, that sounded like a doozie of a depression Mike.

Tossing a year + quit is some serious shit.

I am guessing you may have flogged yourself pretty good over that.

Well, put the cat-o-nine tails down

and start being kind to yourself.

You will be nicotine free  within HOURS.

A whole new and wonderful world is ahead.

Drink deep from the well of N O P E.

Delish.

Love,

S

• Like 1

Hi Mike - glad to see that you have found us, and sorry to hear about your troubles and past quit. But this is exactly the place you need to be right now :)

Happy to have you and look forward watching your quit grow - no doubt you can do this my friend :)

• Like 1

Hi Mike - so happy to see you again - I've missed you ! Sorry to hear of your troubles but so glad you have jumped back into your quit ! You were an awesome support for me when I started my quit - so please let me know if you need any support . Love ya heaps - you can do this xx

• Like 1

Welcome...and congrats on your new quit.  Remember what made you relapse... and don't let it happen again.  Make a plan for when life turns to shit...Cause it will.  How will you handle it next time?  Make a plan

Keep on keepin on.

• Like 1

Hello again.

I am still smoking, but I feel I owe you all, some explanation. (thank you for inquiring). Here is a partial copy and paste of my response in a PM to a friend last night, that sums it up.

Thank you.

COPY:

"I am staying off the main boards, (though the PM's are coming in regularly from friends, whom I talk with). I haven't been able to sustain a quit just yet. It seems a lie to post regularly, until I have. I am going to keep trying to kick-start this quit, until I "nail it". I am on the site reading lots. Once I can piece together 24 hours in a row, without nicotine, I plan to start posting, [again] (it's gonna be really soon)."

• Like 2