Round 33

mtbjay

Hello everyone! Today is quit day 1, again..... 

I don't know what makes me more upset, the fact that I let my last quit go, or the fact that now I have to do this again.... 

Anyway, Im back on, feet planted firm and ready to enjoy oxygen again. 

How's everyone else been doing?

• Like 11

Hello mtbjay, Mountain Bike Jay...right ?

You can stop being upset about the past,  Today is a new day.

Today is the start of your Smoke Free Life.

When you commit to N O P E (not one puff ever)

guess what ?  Yep...you can stay quit !

The thinking about it is much harder than the doing

and there are plenty of great folks here to help you along.

Breathe DEEP.  Oxygen is as sweet as Freedom.

Love,

S

• Like 3

Welcome and glad you picked yourself back up and giving it another go!

What helped me was staying on this board, a lot, and reading everything I could find.

I also realized that I was not giving up ANYTHING!  As a matter of fact, just the opposite.

There is so much to gain.

Welcome to smoke-free land :)   

Sandy

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! 

Hello mtbjay, Mountain Bike Jay...right ?

You can stop being upset about the past,  Today is a new day.

Today is the start of your Smoke Free Life.

When you commit to N O P E (not one puff ever)

guess what ?  Yep...you can stay quit !

The thinking about it is much harder than the doing

and there are plenty of great folks here to help you along.

Breathe DEEP.  Oxygen is as sweet as Freedom.

Love,

S

Thanks! And yes, Mountain bike jay. Kinda hard to go spin cranks with lungs full of death. Ugh...

Welcome and glad you picked yourself back up and giving it another go!

What helped me was staying on this board, a lot, and reading everything I could find.

I also realized that I was not giving up ANYTHING!  As a matter of fact, just the opposite.

There is so much to gain.

Welcome to smoke-free land :)   

Sandy

Thanks Sandy! You're right, sometimes you think your giving up a friend. A ridiculous thought.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome back,

congrats on your new quit.....

Never give up,giving up.....all you can do is learn by it ,dust off and start again.....

You have to want it bad enough,having one foot in and one foot out is not enough ....

You have to jump in with both feet and hold fast.....no matter what....

You can do it....

Hi Jay, you started your journey a way back, and this is just a bump in the road - thankfully you had the smarts to get up, dust yourself off, and get back on your bike :)

Try to remember and learn from any past mistakes, and you will be super sucessful in this quit.  You can do it! 

Now, get an avatar, get a ticker, participate with us, and jump on board and tell yourself that you can do this :)

• Like 3

Welcome back - You can do this - it isn't how you start the race it's how you finish but you already know that.

Anyone can let thier guard down and find an excuse - but hey at least you realized it was jusy an excuse and not a real reason

and you jumped back on board -Good Luck Moving forward forget about the past. NOPE on houre at a time etc..

• Like 2

Hi Jay welcome back :)

This quit is a journey and as with any journey comes education

round 33 or 333 but lets make this just 33 ;)

stress will always be in our lives at different points and you are right we can use it as an excuse` the junkie thinking will always try and find an exit but you come back today stronger and know what went wrong

stay close to the board keep reading and posting you can do this with education and support

congratulations on jumping back on board ` that takes guts!!

because of the cravings and stress at home. Simply put, because i found an excuse too. 

"Simply put, because I found an excuse too" ... atleast you are keepin' it real.  So listen...everyone has shit they go through in there life and you are going to continue to go through (stess, sadness,  suckiness....etc etc etc)... you just have to be prepared to put "your plan" in motion when it happens again.

Do you have a plan?  Deep breathing exercises... walks...  masturbation?  If you do not have a plan...make one... cause it will happen.

Let's get back in the game... smoking sucks... quitting smoking is hard and it sucks... but the other side... IT IS AMAZING.

Keep on keepin on... this time... give yourself no choice... you are NOT going to smoke.

• Like 2

Doesn't matter how many times you fall off the quit train!

Just as long as you keep getting up, dusting yourself off and trying to get on!

Your mind set is key element to making your quit stick along with reading and posting here!

Soon rather than later you will get on and that sticky quit you have wanted!

Hi and welcome back on board, some of us find falling down happens alot before our quit sticks and some whistle away , all our quits are different, recognising why you fall and addressing that is important, being here and saying Yes ok I am an addict, is important, posting, educating and reading is important too, getting back up and re-quitting is important too and you did that so well done, eyes forward and keep marching, looking forward to sharing your journey xx

• Like 1

the fact that I let my last quit go

Start with this: phraseology.

"let it go" is too pasive, kinda like it "just happened and I let it".

That's the complete, polar opposite of what actually happened when you *actively* threw away , by conscious choice, your most recent quit.

Yes, it's just words.

Yes, it's just semantics.

Yes, Sarge is being a PedanticDickhead™

But it makes a difference.

It makes a difference.

ALL the difference.

Easy Peasy

• Like 4