Starting Now

bakon

June 2019....had to check in. Forgot exact quit date...couldn't remember how many years....had a smoking dream month ago....wasn't smoking but in my dream I couldn't run up a hill and was blaming smoking....keep marching

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Little over 7 years. No interest in smoking. I see people and feel sad for them. Its a shame we ever did this but a guess it had its time. So glad I got some friends on buddy book from here and got to squeeze a few chicks in person. The eggs are a good group.

We are a weird group and when I check in there is always another weirdo who joined. Bunch of window lickers who common thread is ending something stupid we all did. Thank goodness there isn't groups for my other habits. There probably is but I'm not looking 

Keep marching, head forward and take one step at a time. Don't look too far ahead and enjoy the process. Embrace the suk.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

It is so good to see that Bakon has a 7 years quit.

We quit at aproximately the same time. My feelings about smoking at 7 years quit are the same as his: "No interest in smoking, and I feel sorry for people who continue to smoke".

If you are still smoking and reading this thread, remember the title of Bakon´s thread: "Starting now....."

It is never impossible to quit smoking, and you can start RIGHT NOW.

Cristóbal

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eight years----finally the group remembered my quit date and I almost didnt. Someone on buddybook has quit date a week ago and reminded me. SO I have no desire, dont miss it, but dont see it as much anymore either. Used to hate the smell, still do. Can spot a grey walker-the color of skin of smokers, about 50 yards away.

As for benefits ---all of them are work the effort. Smell, taste, teeth, lungs, and even being heavier. Just more of me to love. 

Hope all my quit buddies are good. See yinz around.... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Find your Why. Why do you want to quit? If you're not sure, keep digging, keep asking. 

Seven years, I'm looking forward to being here to celebrate it. First I have to celebrate years 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 

At least I'm at 1 year and counting.  :)

Hugs to you all

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Excellent thread @bakon! Really brought those first couple of months of my own quit to mind. You have a solid quit. This thread has probably helped and will help so many newbies! I sure hope they find it and read it. Thank you for your diligence in logging your journey. 🤗

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Retired few days ago. Still quit.  Now to enjoy some of that fresh air. Won’t say extra time, cause who know when we will be needed somewhere in Heaven. 

if you read this far, your going to be alright.

if I can quit this long, all you can too and help even more to do same.

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Two more days till 10 years…posting now in case I forget Saturday.

Retired now, living in Florida, started golfing which is very hard, building our own pool, own a golf cart to drive around to restaurants and the public squares which have music 365 days a year. Still got the Harley and booked our house for Sturgis next year, got to see a NASCAR race in Daytona last month, going out on a boat for day on 10 year anniversary, getting little fat from eating and beer but working out and walking dogs most days of the week, own a Lincoln, Ford F-150 and still got the Mustang, house has 3 car garage but truck sits outside with cart/bike/gym equipment taking one spot.  I can say Life’s Been Good to Me So Far…

Didn’t mention smoking….see it here as some bars still allow outside…but not bringing it up because it is no longer in any of my thoughts, way in the past like a lifetime ago. To those struggling have strength in the thought that if I could quit, then anyone can. 

‘’Keep Marching”post-28-0-43449700-1446924414_thumb.jpeg

Edited by bakon
  • Like 9