Starting Now

bakon

I just want to say something..

Bakon has always been the  one to keep this place upbeat ,and keep the moral of the camp high...

I've read support letters he has wrote ,that have literally brought me to tears....

He's not the village idiot..he would like you to think....he,s actually a great guy,who will fight your corner....

I am going to miss him heaps...

You have my respect Sir...

Doorbell !!!!!

• Like 5

Bakon, you’ve been a source of inspiration, laughs, confusion and admiration- sincere thanks for all of it.  I hope this doesn’t mean you won’t be here at all but maybe just not as frequently as you take the time to enjoy the rest of your life more.  

Xxi

PT

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bakon said:

Couple more months. Swear I coughed  today and tasted smoke. Not really but was in a smoking bar last week and bothered me at first.

But I could see without education how quits get fudged up in a bar.  Thanks to you animals, I am safe.

Don't reply to smoking threads, out of the loop on some newbies and fear insulting someone who don't get my humor.  So retired to socialize stuff, which is fun but taking a break from checking in five times a day. I will hit up for anniversary dates.

Good luck to all in the year to come, may sunshine up your rear and make you warm and fuzzy. If you need to reach me anytime ask Nancy she can point you to me on buddybook.

Keep Marching.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  We need you here!

• Like 3

And just a quick addition to my protest of Bakon taking a break for fear of being misconstrued. No one here posts anything out of malice, so if you are hurt or offended by a post, reach out and ASK what was meant rather than thinking the worst. This board more than ANY other board is a safe space, not one poster here is malicious. 

• Like 5

No problems.  No complaints on anything said. Just a slow down. Thank you all for the comments.  I quit 5 years ago and have many friends here, and many friends who have left...hate to be last guy dancing.....plus there are many here now who got the same style humor to keep it rolling....maybe after a lay off....but not quiting the group...laying back.

FB_IMG_1515288590566.jpg

PS. Not one new friend request on buddybook.....

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

June- still rolling. See some awful faces still here. Going to hook up with Saz next week for cocktails in New Orleans. Booger leaving town as I pass through, knew he was afraid of my shadow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, babs609 said:

LOL...this was the first time I read this thread....nice going down memory lane and seeing the names of those from our beginning.

Glad you are still here Bakon

I missed this too....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Little closer to six years. Month away. Got called in for overtime over night. Tired and fuzzy but made it in. On the drive I am searching my pockets to see I got everything. Money-check, lighter....lighter...can't find lighter....wtf do I need a lighter for???? Laughed at myself and realized only need the money clip and to pull head out of ass.

• Like 4

Boy I hope you hang around for my quit.  Right now I need some humor.  Right now I am just crabby, crabby, crabby!  Last night, while watching tv with my husband, he was crunching on stale cheetos.  With every crunch, I thought I could get up off the couch and strangle him.  Come on, who eats stale cheetos when their wife is trying to quit smoking!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Mexican friend made his six.  Still pokes his head in too.

Couple of eggs still hanging also. 

Sticks rocking the game.  

some names have changed but place still kicking out free advice and good stuff too.  

Son getting married in two weeks. Nothing else new.  

NOPE. Still works fine. 

Edited by bakon
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

The New Year will bring in my 5th month.  This has been a feat I never thought possible.  I love my smoke free life.  I am so grateful for every encouraging word that guided me through this amazing transformation!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1