• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Little more time in

Easy peasy

Lemon something

Please don't feel all alone

The Train is a Place to call

Home

Is it not amazing how the event of quitting smoking just disappears from your life ???

All the changes, dealing with the triggers, the adjustments a person experiences at the beginning of a quit eventually disappear completely from impacting your life.

And then once the addiction is put to sleep, you find yourself alone with just *YOU* - not you *AND* the addiction.

The feeling of freedom is just incredible, and it stays with you and grows as long as you do not smoke.

Cristóbal

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Four years......its easy now. Someone posted lately "when were you confident in your quit?" I posted "Tomorrow". I believe I was sure a long time ago, but to be sure I will say Tomorrow I will know for sure. When you ask tomorrow I will say the same thing. I don't want to jinx it. Someday that answer might be "soon", but I wont give a date to be sure.

What have I learned- nothing. I am still the village idiot and enjoy the position. Want advise- keep looking, plenty of folks to tell you right way in details. I am much better with the one liners and quick pokes. Say something dumb, I will see it and tell you.

As for the group, good bunch of people, even let a couple of you in on Buddybook. Some of you would be a blast to have a beer with, some of you are stalker crazy and that's what makes it fun.

Goal for the next year- meet a few more in person

Regret- Biggest is not crashing the wedding and second biggest is falling for Sonic's trick of inviting me every few months to meet somewhere and he leaves me standing looking for a dance partner. Burritto would probably do the same if on the island but I think the Mexican would really show up. (Nancy too)

Advise for others- slow down and enjoy the quit. Don't rush to be done, cause its never done, it just fades to the background at times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Four more months. Back in the gym. No struggle breathing.

Still smell it a mile away. Wish o could think of a catchy phase like NOPE but for the smell.

For women it would be Don't smoke.Smell like a girl. You get the idea.

• Like 3

Four more months. Back in the gym. No struggle breathing.

Still smell it a mile away. Wish o could think of a catchy phase like NOPE but for the smell.

For women it would be Don't smoke.Smell like a girl. You get the idea.

I smell it miles away. For some reason i actually like the smell of fresh tobacco. Cant stand the smell on clothes though, jesus you smell a smoker across the room.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Long time-----

My thoughts on be accountable to YOUR own self and quit

Actions determine outcome and outcomes inform actions. Be accountable. Taking complete ownership of your outcomes by holding no one but yourself responsible for them is most powerful thing you can do to drive your success. Accountable people absorb setbacks and keep going. Accountable people persevere and keep pushing forward. They are results oriented and never defend actions, skills, models or relationships that don't get job done. When life happens you can be the author of your life or the victim of it. Those are your only two choices- accountable or unaccountable

Most successful quits are done by those with this in mind. We can all help push but your feet have to want to move.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

5 years.

Don't know how many I didn't smoke by now but was a pack a day so I will call it a bunch. Money, didn't save a dime. Spent it on beer and one woman.

Changes- health feels better. Better shape and no worry about what's in the future. Used to think at times I might have problems later, not Now. And if I do it's dumb luck, not something I could avoid. Nice worry to throw away.

As for smoking....I don't want to, don't need to and certainly don't plan to, BUT after a few beers last night thought out loud with a few other previously smokers "I would have one if...." Our ideas of if were stupidly delusional but we all said we missed it if just a little...

So danger present even if only .001% probable at this point. Don't ever let your guard down.

Now to the celebration part...no Subway, five years means the wife will be naked at some point, beer and beef.

And finally the thank you part...thank you everyone who ever posted, to all the eggs a special treat to be delivered in person. To the window lickers I send my laughs. And to anyone who ever just read my mindless ramblings THANKS.

And as Porky says at the end...

that that that's all folks

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for bumping that great post, Bakon.  I was on a plane when you posted that and totally missed it!  Comforting to see what there is to look forward to by just keeping the NOPE and putting one foot in front of the other.  Oh yeah, that's what you always say: "Keep marching."  Good advice.  It's working for me so far. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Couple more months. Swear I coughed  today and tasted smoke. Not really but was in a smoking bar last week and bothered me at first.

But I could see without education how quits get fudged up in a bar.  Thanks to you animals, I am safe.

Don't reply to smoking threads, out of the loop on some newbies and fear insulting someone who don't get my humor.  So retired to socialize stuff, which is fun but taking a break from checking in five times a day. I will hit up for anniversary dates.

Good luck to all in the year to come, may sunshine up your rear and make you warm and fuzzy. If you need to reach me anytime ask Nancy she can point you to me on buddybook.

Keep Marching.

FB_IMG_1515288812408.jpg

Edited by bakon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hope you show up at times Bakon! I laughed at your Window Licker comments & valued your advice. You will be missed. But....enjoy your naked woman & beer...now that you’re a non smoker there’s more to life than The Quit ? We’ll all look forward to your Social Check In’s!!! ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bakon said:

Don't reply to smoking threads, out of the loop on some newbies and fear insulting someone who don't get my humor.  So retired to socialize stuff, which is fun but taking a break from checking in five times a day. I will hit up for anniversary dates.

I find you offensive and don't like your humor, but that never stopped you before.

That being said, don't be a stranger Hambone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Take care my friend.

You may decide to come home and visit more often than you think depending on where life takes you. In any case, you've done your job both for yourself as well as passing on your knowledge and experience to others so go annoy the rest of the world now :57_cry:

• Like 3

Thank you Bakon....you have been a big influence getting this old horney toad up  to that Lido Deck,and stay there...

I will look forward to the times you drop by...

Enjoy your fabulous non smoking life...I will miss those criptic posts if yours...Ta Ta for now ..xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone seriously got offended by your posts and humor? Newbies do not always know much of what is going on, do not let that keep you from stopping in here. I mean if the admins and mods are not on your case, nothing to worry about.

• Like 2