Your First Days, nicotine Free

Sazerac

to:   QTrain

re:  first days nicotine Free

In your First Few Days

while the Nicotine left your body,

what helped you ?

For me,  it was 

Sleep  (assisted with over the counter sleep medication or whisky).

Ice Water.

Satsumas, Citrus.

Deep, deep breaths.

Long 'singing' showers.

(If I had known about y'all,  I guarantee I would have been here)

Edited to avoid controversy as to method of quitting smoking.

I just want to know what helped you while nicotine left your body.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The people that are here, water, pretzels, twizzlers, cranberry juice, sleep, sleep, sleep, solitude, a pillow to scream into, talking to my mom about what I was going through (She is 5 years quit this month!), my treadmill.

Oh and cookies. I rode the wave often.

download16_zpsd9f8858e.jpg

• Like 17

Deep breathing, reading and posting here, scrubbing the stale smoke smell out of my house, more deep breathing, reminding myself of why I quit in the first place, more reading and posting here, thinking to myself "Just 5 more minutes. Just 5 more minutes. Just 5 more minutes...." more deep breathing, napping, more reading and posting here... [i think you got the picture. :) ]

• Like 14

After smoking for so long my body went berserk...

I stayed with the board sometimes nearly 24hours a day....sleep no chance....

I read I read,and then I read some more....

I recieved so much support,I would never have made it on my own.....

Shouting aloud the slogans....not sticking anything in my mouth and setting fire to it...

My I pod.....singing to my music...

If I can quit ,anyone can....

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Run.

Not long - 5 minutes - as long as smoking the cigarette would have taken... as fast as you can keep it up for 5 minutes.

Guaranteed you won't want a smoke for quite a while afterword.

Want to kill the craves for all day? Go on a 10-miler.

Easy Peasy

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Had man flu and chest infection for the first couple of weeks of my quit - so there was a lot of sleep involved... Then moved onto chewing regular menthol gum, reading and writing on the board, and doing projects around the house - honestly, I have no idea where I found the time to smoke!!

ETA - Sally, great idea btw ;)

• Like 9

Deep breathing, chewing gum, cleaning, reading, logging on here every 5 mins to reassure myself I wasn't going mad, and telling myself NOPE even if it was every few seconds, and leaning on you lovely lovey people, wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you xxx

• Like 6

babs one of my first responders- helped me at beginning and even now. if anyone reads it, its long and I wish I had it over here. realize I left there for here due to the methods changed and mq and his misfits brought me with them. stay here.

• Like 9

sleep

breathing exercises

green tea

water

youtube hypnosis videos

keeping busy

exercising

eating

I was working at the time and had not found the forum by then I was pretty much house bound

jumping on the spot helped, focusing on being healthy, spent alot of time preparing healthy food which takes time with hands and mind

first 3 days all abit of a blur but not half as bad as I had feared before i quit!

• Like 8

http://www.quitsmokingmessageboard.com/index.php?/topic/43688-starting-now/

babs one of my first responders- helped me at beginning and even now. if anyone reads it, its long and I wish I had it over here...

Lmao - from day two - "Watching your counters is helpful too. No problems so far, son in hospital with broken hand. Getting surgery now, so just sitting around watching people walk by carrying their oxygen. Easy."

Me? I spent the first days in a fever induced semi coma, and the chest hurt to much to choke down more than a puff or two. The vape pipe was making me gag. After I sorta came to I lived on the forums and read the literature. The joel videos were my favorite. Read the Allan Carr book right off the bat.

• Like 6

At the beginning:  Attitude was my biggest weapon: I do not smoke anymore!

Also used nicorette gum for the first week or two to help with cravings!

NOW: Attitude is still my biggest weapon: I do not smoke anymore!

IN THE FUTURE: Attitude is going to be my biggest weapon: I do not smoke anymore!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I also decided to drink tea which I never did before. I bought different kinds and fussed around with tea things during my break at work. It really helped me to have something to do other than go outside and smoke. ...today I had an orange tea at about 11:00 . Good to give me "some thing" until lunch

• Like 4