Your First Days, nicotine Free

Sazerac

Welcome aboard @Lin and congratulations on choosing to take back your freedom. You'll find all the support you could need or want here as well as a huge library of posts and videos about our addiction.

If you get a chance maybe you could introduce yourself to everyone in our introduction forum. We're glad you're here 😊

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

These are all the tools I have been using to distract me so far - making tea, reading reading and more reading, I've rewatched Parks and Recreation as it's such a comforting thing, plus it's good to laugh hysterically and feel my lungs opening up! If I feel a craving hit I breathe in for a count of six, hold it and breathe out slowly. If that doesn't help and I'm at home I head for the shower and try to reset myself. At work I get up and walk around and shake myself off. I've also had several good cries, I doubt that's over yet. 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Like 4

We have fun things here too,it keeps you busy...

Play games ...laugh at the dogs and cats ...

Quitting doesn't have to be all doom and gloom ,I think time passes faster when it's fun..

Don't forget our daily NOPE thread ...this is a great tool ..

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

NOPE thread, posting and reading here. Eating yummy healthy foods, savoring every bite. Lots of water, not skimping on rest. Exercise.

Knowing that there is so much love, non judgement, and support here on the Quit Train, makes all the difference.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Day 2, There great ideas in this thread and encouragement. I do not feel I can apply some of them right now....because of the bronchitis.... exercise is limited (for the moment) getting lots of sleep is out too because I am coming off the steroids and they seem not to like me and the anxiety attacks (add in the GERD)....it so rough right now.... I feel like I asking for pity ( I guess I am) I only on day 2 so for others who trying to quit cold turkey who want their health back and fighting off multiple other things on the way....I drinking lots of water and sugar free Gatorade...I pacing pacing pacing till I just stand in the kitchen and stare blankly at the universe.... then I come here and read or blankly stare at the screen....then... repeat it all again ...and each time I want that cigarette I remind myself how bad I want to breath and be healthy again and thank Jesus for keeping me safe from cigarettes' today (I must of said that 50 times yesterday) I hanging in and on that the best I can say.

• Like 5

Day 3...using lines on myself :) all 2 hours of the morning I have been awake......isn't it nice I can have my coffee with out a cigarette ...isn't it nice I can wake and not go outside for a cigarette....isn't it nice I do not need a cigarette after breakfast.....isn't it nice I can brush my teeth and not go out and have a cigarette right after brushing them.....I think it going to be a isn't it nice day and a stay close to here day :) 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

6 weeks QUIT! 🙌 This support forum! I honestly don’t think I would have made it this far without you all. All of the advice and information on here?! 💯 All of the personal testimonies of trials, losses, and wins?! 💣🤯🤩Thank you!  Aside from the aforementioned? Let those tears flow. Drink, drink, drink plenty of cranberry juice and water. Can’t sleep? Take something. And breathe! Deep wonderful cleansing breaths! Interact with some members on here. Take into account the advice given by those who’ve succeeded and don’t be shy about putting your stories out there. It helps others to know what we go through. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!

• Like 3