Think you need just one?

Nancy

Ugh.  I remember well some of my many relapses - - the sheer nastiness of it.  Suckville.

Once I relapsed by picking up a menthol clip off the ground in a hospital parking lot.  GROSS.  I hate menthols!!!  :lol:

Quite a few times I went into the convenience store crying, relating my impending failure to the unsuspecting cashier...getting in my  car...inhaling - - - tasting the POISON (not the tobacco, because once you earn some quit time the inhale is experienced for what it is - - NOXIOUS CHEMICALS).

Freaking out on my friends and family and then justifying, "I can't treat people like this, I have to smoke, I am hurting those I love."  Only to realize, not too far down the road, that I can be a dick with or without smokes.

Repeating to myself, "F*ck it, f*ck it, f*ck it!!!  I'm a smoker forever...there's nothing I can do!!!  This is it.  I own my identity - I smoke.  I HAVE to smoke, there's no other option."

NO.  NO.  NO.  NO.  NO. 

Not this time.

Never again. 

NOPE.

• Like 3

Great post! OMG! Please Don't EVER take another puff & lose your Quit. I am back at Square 1 and SO regret it after a 5 month Quit. Don't do what I did. (And I already know I'm a window licker, bakon). Right now I just think Smoke & Die...and NOPE.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
30 minutes ago, Giveintowin said:

Just one is such a con. Don't fall for it.

Yes Givi! This is the most dangerous lie there is from this addiction no matter whether you're 1 day, 1 month or 5 years quit.

That little voice that whispers it's sweet little lie to you. "Just one can't hurt! Go ahead, take the edge off. Remenis for old time sake! What harm can just 1 do?"

Yup - that's the famous con that has ruined more quits than any other circumstance I know of across new and seasoned quits alike. You're right Givi - Don't ever fall for it!!

• Like 1