Spending the night in the ER with my daughter

BonnieJ

Thanks everyone!

I know this is common but it is still so scary. When they first diagnosed it was through a CT so I did not see it. But Sunday night they did ultrasound and I watched. Seeing that huge thing inside of her made it so much more real. It looks just like a grapefruit sitting in there. Its HUGE!!

This thing is 10x8 If it were 10x10 they would have scheduled surgery when they first diagnosed it.because that is just too big!

This is on her ovary but it is resting on her bladder making it very hard for her to control things down there if you know what I mean. It is heartbreaking watching her struggle with this.

We see her OBGYN today at 3:45 to decide our course of action.

Thanks again for all the prayers and vibes.

Bonnie, do you have any news?  Keeping you and your daughter in thoughts and prayers...

We are there with you ((((((((Bonnie)))))))) holding your hand, hugging, and consulting you........We will not leave your side...We cannot feel as much as you do about it, but we do feel for you and your daughter.....Prayers and waiting for further updates......Bassman

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for all the support.

So She was really wanting the surgery to remove it,but then when we started to discuss the specifics and plan a date she started to change her mind.

She is a teenage girl so its no surprise she is changing her mind and is scared.

The doctor says we can go ahead and book the surgery. He does not care if she backs out last minute and there would be no fee.

So we have reserved a date during her fall break, but we are still not sure if we are going to do it or not.

Until then she will keep taking the pills and hope that it starts to shrink.

On a happy not she has been invited to the Homecoming dance tomorrow night so all she is thinking about now is going to the dance with a boy.

Just another thing to make me crazy LOL! I am really excited for her ;)

Thanks again for all the support and PM's it really has been nice. You are a great bunch of people I am glad I found you :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the update, Bonnie. I certainly understand your daughter's reluctance. I have put off every surgery I ever had for as long as possible. Perfectly normal. I'm glad that she is feeling better and that she has a happy occasion to look forward to. Strong medicine there, eh? 

Good for you for keeping your cool during all of this and for keeping your quit, too. Good job, Mom!! 

Ugh and now I get a phone call telling me that although my insurance covers our doctor it does not cover services in the hospital he works at. So now we have to start all over with a new OBGYN who has privileges in a covered hospital.

This is utter garbage why would they cover the doctor and not the hospital he works at. They refered me to him.

I do not need this :( :( :(

bonnie im sorry I missed this post and so sorry your going through all this but don't smoke it wont help anything  im praying for your daughter  and sending you hugs   from texas   hang in there you go to be strong  for your daughter she needs you more than ever  wish I could help more   it will all turn out ok   again sorry im late to post ((((((((BONNIE)))))))) 

Oh Bonnie, so sorry to read all that you and your daughter are going through.  I know how scary that can be for a young teen girl.  And of course it goes without saying how, as Mom's, we are beside ourselves with fear of the unknown.

I have a grown Niece who had a ovarian cyst on her ovary and had to have it removed because it wouldn't shrink.  She was not able to take birth control pills because of a family blood clotting disorder that she also has.  They removed her cyst with the DaVinci (surgical machine?).  Her cyst was the size of a soccer ball!  Can you imagine?  She thought she was pregnant and kept taking tests, but they all came back negative.  She did end up losing the ovary though because of the size.  The only reason I am telling you this is because my Niece does not have children yet, and she does have one good ovary left to produce, however she was told to have children sooner than later since her other ovary would be at risk of the same demise.  Your daughter may want to reconsider having it removed when the possibility of saving that ovary is still a choice.  My Niece didn't have a choice because she didn't realize something was wrong until the cyst was huge already.

I hope everything works out for the best.  Good luck on coordinating doctors and hospitals and such.  Insurance companies can be such nightmares to work with!  I do it everyday as a Medical Biller, so I totally do not envy you there.