This page renews my quit daily, thank you

It's been a great day today, no reason smoking should have popped up more often than usual but it did. Was ok, I actually said out loud once today, I am a non smoker so I can't smoke, because only smokers do that. Then I came home and read all your stories! Each one brought something to my resolve, so thank you for sharing, I feel pretty good now - as a non smoker. x

• Like 11

To me it is important. So many times if smoking comes to mind, I think about something I learned from the board or the people I have met. I wonder if I could have done it alone. There is value in understanding why I am craving, or thinking about why I think a cigarette could something do for me, or recognizing thinking and fight back.

• Like 1

Fantastic news, Marti!  What you said...

"Then I came home and read all your stories! Each one brought something to my resolve, so thank you for sharing, I feel pretty good now - as a non smoker. x" 

This is support at it's finest.  You posting about it is paying it forward.  When you have a community that is gelled together with one common goal, the chances of quitting smoking for good are so much better than trying to go at it alone.  :)

• Like 1

I hear ya Ross, these peoples stories and support have kept me whole where I would likely have buckled as well. Pretty powerful support tool, I don't know as if I personally would have felt this strong if I didn't have the fall back of here. Thankfully we will never know! 

• Like 2