Pre Respond to your own SOS

Jonny5

This is a tried and tested idea I had a while back.

take a moment to write yourself a response to your own SOS.

no one knows you like you know yourself, and if you do post an SOS we can show you your own words, something that you will really listen to.

do it now while you are strong, as we know that when we are weak we can struggle to fight and to find the fight within ourselves.

I'll get this started..

Jonny, what ever is going on that has thrown you into this confusion, please stop and reflect on your achievements and restore that belief in yourself.

You know that you are free and that you have always sought and fought for that freedom, and that your freedom or imprisonment are simply states of mind that you control.

• Like 25

Trish,

I know that for whatever reason you are feeling very lost right now.  You have been through this before and you know that a cigarette WILL NOT MAKE ANYTHING BETTER.  IN FACT, IT WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE!

You will still be upset about your original problems, you will be more upset because you smoked, and you will stink.  YOU DO NOT WANT TO SMOKE!  You are doing such an amazing job!  Don't throw it away!  

PLEASE DON'T MAKE US START OVER!!!

• Like 13

One of the 14,000 cigarettes scheduled for you to smoke in the coming year if you light up the first one is gonna be the one that gives you a heart attack. Worse than that might be a stroke that leaves you drooling and dragging a colostomy bag around.

Yo, good to see you jonny. That first week was a rough one on me.

• Like 15

Hey MQ,

This is the ghost from your smoking past. 

Remember how bad things got in October when you relapsed?  How you thought a cigarette would help?  Remember how much you hated it and didn't get a second of enjoyment or relief from it?  Remember the guilt you felt when you looked at your kids, your wife, your parents? 

Take a minute and step inside so you can see your daughter walk down the aisle while you sit because you can't make it with your oxygen tank.  Do you see how beautiful and happy your baby girl is?  Do you wish you could hold her hand and give her away? Instead you must sit and watch as she looks at you with tears in her eyes.  You're too weak to do anything but breathe.  Your time left is short.  You've wasted away the years and for what?  Is this what you want?

So, before you even consider lighting one of those BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP cigarettes, remember what I've shown you.  Now get back to living and go grab your baby girl and tell her how much you love her.  :)

PS, I hope you never have to bother me again because I know you know the truth about smoking.

• Like 16

Tracey really? just look how far you have come, look what you have been through already look at the situations and stress you have faced and got through this far!

DO NOT listen to that stupid addict head of yours and get back to that fighter that you ARE you know you ARE stronger than any situation you find yourself in to get you to this SOS point 

sort yourself out NOW girl - giving in is not an option! - relapse is not an option!

Tomorrow is a new day and all will be right with your world 

REMEMBER WHY YOU QUIT!

• Like 12

glad to see you too Comrade, I'm glad that you have stuck to your quit and fought through the torment that quitting can leave us in.  forget the past, here's to the future :-)

Right on to that. Here's a kicker. Breath had commented favorably to a post I made at the qsmb welcoming me and bandito into the tough love club. So I carefully composed a response saying something along the lines of glad the hatchet is being buried etc. Hit "send" and zap - that was the instant the admins over there banned me. Irony supreme eh?

Hoping he shows up here soon.

• Like 1

Ross,

Seriously, what the f**k are you thinking? We've been here before. Sort it out, and don't be an idiot. You really want to throw away this quit and let everybody down?! Plus, you can't break a promise to yourself.

• Like 14

Rachael,

you know you don't really want a cigarette and you know it won't fix sh**...so suck it up and deal with it.  

oh and P.S. if you need to punch someone in the face because they are being a DB... then do it :) you'll feel tons better than if you had smoked and you can make someone's nose bleed!

:)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Frez,

Remember how bad the first two weeks were do you REALLY want to go through that again? Plus you just started running a year ago something you never were able to do, do you really want to give that up? Remember the reasons you quit for yourself, for your husband because he stated that if I started he would start and I definitely would not want that. Nothing is bad enough to want a cigarette if you can make it through the winter of 2013/2014 with all that has happened, the family members I have lost, the pets that I have lost this winter without a cigarette nothing and I mean nothing is bad enough to smoke EVER. Dont be stupid Frez and dont smoke.

• Like 11

Right on to that. Here's a kicker. Breath had commented favorably to a post I made at the qsmb welcoming me and bandito into the tough love club. So I carefully composed a response saying something along the lines of glad the hatchet is being buried etc. Hit "send" and zap - that was the instant the admins over there banned me. Irony supreme eh?

Hoping he shows up here soon.

There will not be any negativity about other quit smoking message groups, their members, old fights etc.  Anything that has happened at other support groups has nothing to do with this one and should be left in the past.  Thanks for understanding.--MQ :)

• Like 5

Martine Louise are you shi*ting me, you lead, that is what you do - who will you lead with smoking, shall we give Milly or Bella the first cigarette. It will never be ok to be this addict, it is not who you are, you cannot heal people and help people as an addict. Now man the fu*k up and lead like you were born to do. And hugs, you are strong enough to do this no matter what you are facing this moment!  If you doubt yourself go listen to a COPD cough, or read on lung cancer that stole your beloved peter. No more shoulda, coulda, woulda...if I want it I do it...Nathan 2008. Now stop being such a donut! xx

• Like 8

There will not be any negativity about other quit smoking message groups, their members, old fights etc.  Anything that has happened at other support groups has nothing to do with this one and should be left in the past.  Thanks for understanding.--MQ :)

Yeah, my post was sorta iffy but the point was that resolution of a previous conflict is a good thing. I should have taken the time to word it better or stuck it in a pm. My bad.

• Like 3

Roll out here mister
If you need a little rest
Lay me down in Marbletown
A bone yard is the best

There was a bad bull on the railroad
Tried to pull me off this train
'Til the coast is clear again

I can hear them a-hollerin'
'We got a man down here
We got a man down'

I'm gonna flip me a cannonball
That won't stop for anyone
Wait 'til morning comes

I'm gonna roll out here in the tombstones
Wait here on my train
I hope that it don't rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s70CtGc43A

• Like 7

Mark Knopfler is one of my all time favorites!!!!!  Two of my little girl's favorite songs are his.  :)

MQ thanks

Me too, I like the lyrics on Expresso Love. I like Iron Hand, and What It Is just a few faves.

• Like 1

Awesome idea Jonny, thank you. May I take a second to also say that I'm a few days behind Comrade in my quit....that first couple weeks was rough on me (and those around me) too.

I'm sorry. I was an ass.

Hey. Julie! For real? You're contemplating tossing your quit away because of a 'feeling'?

Go pick up that baby......(if he's not around, look at his picture). Do you want him smelling stinky grandma??

Do you want to be in Christies shoes?!

Remember her last few months. No no....don't look away! That was real! That was from smoking!

Smoking is NOT an option.

So go......go now. Go use one of the other tools you have.

• Like 12

Philippa- I have to use the full name just like my mum did when I was in trouble - are you kidding me - no way in hell are you going to smoke. Remember how bad you were feeling when you quit and do you seriously want to go through those first few weeks again! Now harden up princess and go do some serious reading - cos you have obviously forgotten everything you know about the truth of smoking !

• Like 9

Absolutely brilliant thread thank you....

"Right Jacqueline Anne look at me, no look at me in the eyes, and can you honestly say that you want to light up that cigarette, stop feeling sorry for yourself girl, do you think a smoke will sort how you are feeling, HA hell no, just remember the pride that you felt when you reached 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, the pride in your mum's voice when she keeps telling you well done, your sons your partner, how they all supported you, DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING, now looking me in the eyes tell me do you want to light up..................................No thought not................

• Like 8