Pre Respond to your own SOS

Jonny5

Hang in there, you are tougher than this.

Remember all the times you had to go to the store because you were out of cigarette.

Remember making your friends and family wait for you, while you smoked a cigarette, before you got in the car, after a meal at the restaurant, before getting on a flight.

Remember having to find a place to smoke.  Walking long ways at the hospital because you had to get off the property completely, then having to smoke two in a row because it took so long to get to the smoking place.  All the while Mum was in her room waiting for you to get back.

Remember missing moments because you had to find someplace to smoke.

Remember thinking and planning about when and where you could smoke for every occasion, road trips, plane trips, movies.

Take a look at all the money you have saved.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

This is the only good thing you have ever done for yourself.  Put all that garbage in the past and be the person you have wanted to be.  Be a shark, Shark's don't swim backwards, only forward.  

Give it a minute and think about it.  It will pass.

You made the right decision. Every day that passes will get better.

Signed,

You Got This!

• Like 7

Dear Grace,

Really? You are actually considering going down that road again? What? Is life not working out just how you planned, Grace? Are you feeling like a not-so-special little snowflake? Awww... That's too bad. :rolleyes:  Sack up, girl! Quit being a pu$$y! Smoking is bullshit. 

Keep it together for f's sake!

With (tough) Love,

Grace

• Like 5

Dear Grace,

Really? You are actually considering going down that road again? What? Is life not working out just how you planned, Grace? Are you feeling like a not-so-special little snowflake? Awww... That's too bad. :rolleyes:  Sack up, girl! Quit being a pu$$y! Smoking is bullshit. 

Keep it together for f's sake!

With (tough) Love,

Grace

Grace

The first six months of my quit, I provided several friends with a script to bark out at me when I gave them the signal.  "Quit being a pu$$y!" was one of the key lines they would yell at me when I was fighting off a strong craving.  Brought a smile to my face when I read your advance SOS.  :angry:-----> :D  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Holly - you have made the decision to quit. Here are some of the reasons: your children, to have more time and to be more active and engaged. You have read Allan Carr's book and were reminded that to keep a healthy happy frame of mind is key. When you say you are going to have your last cigarette, you really need to keep your word. When you prolong that process, it is going to take so much more time and energy away from you. Don't fall into the trap of feeding the "little monster." It is not doing anything but hurting you. Take a step back and breathe. You can beat this. You are worthy. 

• Like 5

Holly- as much as you think you know what's best for yourself - you don't if you plan on going back to smoking. There is no such thing as just one cig. There is no such thing as "a better time than now." You will always have stress. You need to learn how to cope with that without going back to nicotine. Our body is a beautiful thing, it can repair itself. The sooner you realize that, the sooner your body will heal. You can do this. The fog is temporary. 

PS Deep breathing really does help! 

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

I really like That advice 

Ellen you doing this because you want to seeyou're a great grandkids you doing this for yourself because you want a better life  are you doing this because you want better health you doing this because you're tired of missing things in life  you doing this because you want to be able to walk  are you doing this because you want to smile with white teeth  so stay strong Ellen you got this 

Edited by Ellen
  • Like 6

remember the lethargy

the ugly coughs and the stains on your teeth

running out of breath climbing two flights of stairs

the self loathing

the indifference and the numbness

the dependence and the compulsion

the frustration and the aggression

the shame of doing it despite being fully aware of all of this and more

And then remember the energy

The pride in dealing with your problems

The hope

The strong will to live long and do things that matter to you

The freedom

Take a minute (or three ?)

Think about this.

It may seem irrelevant right now, but you'll see the point again in an hour, a day, or a week. Remember how bad that feels.

You know both paths.

You are strong enough.

Make a choice you won't regret. (Remember how bad that feels?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK....   take some deep breaths....   take many deep breaths and put your brain into gear before you put your gob into action!   You know you can do it.... you did it before and you can keep on doing it.....   Go find whatever you need to help you through this....   Kiss the dog, kick the OH, rant at the kids, but DON'T PUT A CIGGIE IN YOUR GOB AND SET LIGHT TO IT!!!!!

KEEP THAT QUIT.....   YOU WORKED HARD FOR IT...    YOU DESERVE TO KEEP IT INTACT!   Remember how much your mom hated you smoking the evil weed.  Remember how it did for your dad....   JUST STOP IT NOW!

CHOOSE LIFE.... choose YOU.

Edited by Oldybutmouldy
Colour
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Edie, that cigarette you are thinking about smoking is NOT your best friend.  It stinks and that rubs off on you.  It makes you cough and wakes you up at night.  You have control over cigarettes, they do not have control over you.  DON'T SMOKE!!

Sincerely,

Edie

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Janie girl...

Breathe deep and take in the freedom.  Yeah, it may feel like a cigarette will solve these emotions but you know it's just a lie.  Every single time you fight an urge, you starve the beast.  Embrace those struggles!  It means the beast is dying with every ignored craving.  Your quit is a fragile sprout, a newborn.  Treat it just that gently and before you know it, you won't even miss these horrible nicotine sticks.  Life is worth living and this is the best gift you can give yourself.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ Exactly!! Don't take any bullshit from your addict brain. You have planted some good footings for a solid quit base but, know that this addiction takes some time to beat back into the far recesses of your mind. I was always impatient to see improvements and never though I could see any but then, 1 year later I turned around and found I don't give a crap about smoking any more. It will happen fully for you pr anyone else - just give it time and keep that attitude of "Smoking does nothing good for me"!! Because .... it's doesn't!!

• Like 4

On 2/12/2018 at 2:49 PM, Doreensfree said:

Smoking never fixed anything..!!!!.....stay here more often till it passes...you smoke...and I'll bash you ...

And I'll provide her with the frying pan :)

Be Good now Mr. "T".

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are ya farken kiddin me! You got through Christmas Eve to New Years Day without havin a flippin fag. If ya were gunna turf ya quit and were trying to splain it that time was it, but na ya grit ya teeth an kept on keepin in then ya dumb mole so why should now be any different. Ffs get a grip. Besides if ya do light up the kid won't let them play am I Eva gunna see ya face again as they haul ya coffin out the church.

Edit: OK dipshit, having a smoke is not gunna give you back ya Vegemite, for starters they don't taste anything alike, secondly you don't like the smokes and ya frickin love Vegemite so there is no comparison... Its for 3 weeks, maybe a bit longer... Suck it up princess cos you can do this. Right... No smoking...got it cos the Vegemite angels will smite you if you do and Vegemite will taste like sh¡t for ever and a day if you do.

Edit: The Kid's (12) response a few weeks ago when I was worried my Vegemite deprivation would make the nicodemon more powerful and might be in serious danger of tossing my quit... What does smoking have to do with Vegemite? That's not even logical mum that just stupid? I call Bullshit. Just go away and have a good hard think about how silly and immature you are being. That is so stupid, "I really want vegemite and I can't have it and I'm really worried because of this I'll have a smoke". Go put ya big girl pants on ya sooky sooky la la you need a time out mum until you can be normal again."  Outta the mouths of babes!

Edit: Are you insane, you can control if you smoke or not, only you control that not anyone else, not a doctor, or a blood test, or a reading on a monitor... you control that, its the one thing you do control and you want to give that up, for what 30 seconds of aah and that's it... that one first drag, don't be a dickhead.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Darling Free Creature,

Should you ever, ever decide to give your freedom away and make the decision to smoke again, 

you will righteously deserve an extremely long, excruciatingly painful and gruesome death.

Listen to me and Mister John Lee Hooker  because 

IT WILL

Serve You Right To Suffer, bebe.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sunny, calm down.  breathe a few breaths.

You are not going to get that 'ahhhh'  from nicotine any more.

that is GONE.

You can get that 'ahhhhh' feeling from LOTS of other things that won't KILL you.

Breathing is good.

and Oxygen gives me the most reliable, "AHHHHHHHHHHH".

Breathe, baby.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, TravellingSunny said:

Sunny, calm down.  breathe a few breaths.

You are not going to get that 'ahhhh'  from nicotine any more.

that is GONE.

You can get that 'ahhhhh' feeling from LOTS of other things that won't KILL you.

Breathing is good.

and Oxygen gives me the most reliable, "AHHHHHHHHHHH".

Breathe, baby.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this again, but so happy to see you didn't give up and are determined to quit.

• Like 4