Pre Respond to your own SOS

Jonny5

Ok Robert,

YOU DO NOT SMOKE! PERIOD!!!!!

SMOKING IS STUPID AND WILL KILL YOU!!!!

SMOKING IS NOT PART OF YOUR LIFE ANYMORE!

GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD NOW OR I WILL KICK MY OWN BUTT!!!!

• Like 9

Awesome idea Jonny, thank you. May I take a second to also say that I'm a few days behind Comrade in my quit....that first couple weeks was rough on me (and those around me) too.

I'm sorry. I was an ass.

the shock we put our bodies and minds through when we first quit often affects our mood and can make us angry and sensitive.

don't worry about how you may or may not have acted in the past, all that matters is now, we can all look back upon times that we would wish to change.

• Like 5

Dear Sharon

You are kidding right! Like you REALLY want to go through both physical and mental detox again...get real!

If you're reading this I am very sad as I don't know what could possibly have happened for you to contemplate sending yourself back to the prison of smoking. Go pop your favourite records on...go have a dance...just, whatever you do don't smoke you buffoon....

Love Sharon xx

• Like 5

Hey Fay, remember all the times you wanted to quit and thought you couldn't do it?  Now you proved you can and you want to go through all that again?  Remember the sleepness nights, the sadness how you cried at anything, the anger and the depression you thought would never go away?  Please be smarter than that stupid monkey sitting on your shoulder!  Wake up!!!  Take several deep breaths and sip on some water!  YOU CAN DO THIS!

• Like 6

Nancy, you are obviously drunk or suffering from dementia,,,If it is (A) go lay down.  If it is (B)ask Dennis to commit you.  Whatever you do, do not smoke.

Ohhhh I like this one Nancy ;)

• Like 1

What the Hell is wrong with you?  You would seriously throw all that hard work away?  Give up the freedom of not needing a fix every 20 minutes because you had a bad day?!

Suck it up cupcake!

• Like 9

Wow....what a great idea! 

Hi B!

Really?  Did you hit your head?

After all you have learned you think about smoking?

You love your smoke free life!

You love how you smell!

You love how you feel!

You love to run!

You smile every morning because you don't cough anymore!

Really? Still thinking about a cigarette? Well come closer and I hit you on the head!

• Like 6

Amber,

You are about to be a mother for the first time after more than 5 miscarraiges. Do you really want to put this healthy baby at risk? Would you stick the poor baby in a bag full of smoke? It is not about only you anymore. And besides, do you remember ow hard this quit was? Doing it 3 times in one month to get a good quit in, and you want to ruin it for what? Being mad, just cry until you fall asleep or go shopping, we know you love that, lol.

Anything is better than smoking. You want to be around to watch your child grow up after being through so much to have him.

Smoking is not n option ever again. I did not come this far to go backwards. You will not ruin this quit.

• Like 13

read it...then add yours  

:D

I thought about this thread today many times. 

I will write it out. lol  I just need to get the battle down a little more. 

This is a good thread......

• Like 2

This is a tried and tested idea I had a while back.

take a moment to write yourself a response to your own SOS.

no one knows you like you know yourself, and if you do post an SOS we can show you your own words, something that you will really listen to.

do it now while you are strong, as we know that when we are weak we can struggle to fight and to find the fight within ourselves.

I'll get this started..

Jonny, what ever is going on that has thrown you into this confusion, please stop and reflect on your achievements and restore that belief in yourself.

You know that you are free and that you have always sought and fought for that freedom, and that your freedom or imprisonment are simply states of mind that you control.

Jonny, I never even thought of this, but I must say it's a brilliant idea!  yeah.gif

• Like 2

Junkie thinking: I need to quit cold turkey so just 1 cig and I'll quit. 

Response = I'll never be able to quit cold turkey with all my mental health issues it's an excuse to light a cig

Junkie thinking: My patch needs to be refreshed I won't get enough nicotine, it will fall off.

Response = My patch still sticks fine it's my OCD or a hard time when I want to refresh my patch and I do NOT need to refresh it twice a day

Junkie thinking: once I'm off the patch I'll die because I have no nicotine anymore I'll get psychotic and / or in crisis

Response = I only get in psychosis when I quit cold turkey and we weans off the the nicotine slowly so any craving we can manage with a NOPE and we won't die because we won't smoke or don't have nicotine, we die BECAUSE of SMOKING

Junkie thinking: But if I don't have any nicotine anymore I'll panick

Response = We only panick because we have for the fear to quit the nicotine nothing will happen if we sit it out with a NOPE

• Like 6

Okay what are you thinking?- don't do it. You know one puff will lead to 3 times the amount of your prior smoking and you will die young.  Breathe in deep keep doing this in 2 minutes you will realize what you almost did. Not One Puff Ever means exactly that.

Care for yourself and others around you. Just get over it and move forward.  This will pass. You are a non smoker.

Believe in your self  - this is easy you don't smoke. Just don't -  it is that easy it is your choice an you are not a chimney

You don't smoke

• Like 7

Remember the cough when trying to go to sleep at night?  Remember the scratchy throat?  Remember the smell, the shame, the trying to hide it, the brown stains on your teeth, the wrinkles.  

Remember the addiction???  Smoking outside in the cold.

Smoking sucks.  And it ain't worth nothin'!   

• Like 10