What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

I am losing track, but a couple nights ago I roasted a pork loin roast stuffed with spinach and mushrooms....

20150301_192350.jpg

I made a vegetable cream sauce and served with asparagus and twice baked potatoes

20150301_190243.jpg

Oh my word, both look heavenly!

Tonight I'm making tacos with ground chicken. I'm sure they won't look nearly as good as your stuff Scott, but I'll definitely post a picture if I remember!

Oh, boy! It's payday! (Well, grocery shopping day was payday, which is more to the point.  :) ) Anyway, I splurged and bought fresh sole fillets on sale and some deviled crab. So tonight we had sole stuffed with crab meat, green beans sauteed in butter and garlic, and tater tots (prosaic, but my husband's favorite). Wow! Was that good! 

• Like 2

Last night, I made Balsamic Chicken.  Super easy, tasty & healthy!

Picture and recipe are from: http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-balsamic-chicken/

Slow-Cooker-Balsamic-Chicken.jpg

That balsamic chicken sounds wonderful, Petra. I have heard a lot about balsamic vinegar but I never tried it. I think I will try this recipe-- it sounds great.

• Like 3

Last night, I made Balsamic Chicken.  Super easy, tasty & healthy!

Picture and recipe are from: http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-balsamic-chicken/

Slow-Cooker-Balsamic-Chicken.jpg

OK. Tonight's the night! We're going to try balsamic chicken. But it's too late in the day to do it in the crockpot so I'll cook it in a slow oven. I'll keep you posted.  :)

• Like 1

Well, I made the balsamic chicken tonight. It was delicious! I've never really tasted anything quite like it. I never had balsamic vinegar before and based on the way the dish smelled I thought it would be too "vinegar-y". But it wasn't. The balsamic vinegar (I got the Modena type) was actually quite mild. The whole thing was very European-- I could picture myself eating this dish at a sidewalk cafe in Italy. My husband loved it, too, and asked that I make it again soon. 

Thanks, Petra! That was fun!

• Like 3

Thanks for your review Chrys! :D Yeah, the smell of balsamic vinegar can really throw a person off, but like you said, it's actually mild.

This is my dinner for the last two nights.

Yesterday, I made chicken stir-fry with homemade peanut sauce. First time making it and it was a hit! Steve was in love:

x7h1atV.jpg?1

Tonight, I made chicken meatloaf using Colleen's recipe. I made my own sauce because we didn't have any ketchup on hand. Turns out, the sauce wasn't needed. Both of us thought the meatloaf on its own had enough flavours. I made a hot couscous salad and steamed some green beans, yellow beans, and carrots. The veggies aren't shown because I was hungry, lol:

nxBGIHd.jpg?1

We are going to pick up my little brother tomorrow. He has agreed to help us move. In return, I'm making him and my dad some baked goods. I started with these oatmeal/walnut/raisin cookies and thought I'd share. :)

AcrtKcl.jpg?1

• Like 3

Wow, Leanna, everything looks SO good! I LOVE peanut sauce but I never tried to make my own. I wish I could help you move and get rewarded with some of your cookies (or the stir-fry or the meatloaf or the... :) )

• Like 1

Wow, Leanna, everything looks SO good! I LOVE peanut sauce but I never tried to make my own. I wish I could help you move and get rewarded with some of your cookies (or the stir-fry or the meatloaf or the... :) )

Aw, thank you! I was so worried I was going to screw up the peanut sauce, but we both really liked it. :D Phew. If you lived closer, I'd just send you some cookies, lol. I love baking, but don't do enough of it!

Yum!!!  I love homemade Asian dishes.  I made a peanut sauce  sitr fry a while back and it was pretty good.  I'll have to do it again soon. 

I think I may try this tonight.  It looks DELISH!!!!  It may be a little on the heavy side, but my daughter does need to carb up for volleyball tomorrow.  :)

http://juliasalbum.com/2014/10/chicken-mozzarella-pasta-with-sun-dried-tomatoes/

15413003865_2caed5b160_c.jpg

• Like 3

I am assigned breakfast for my daughter's volleyball tourney tomorrow (they tourneys last all day, so all the moms bring food to share and we are assigned something different each time).

I'm planning to make this, so the girls will be sure to get lots of protein (parents gotta stay energized to watch all day too. ;)

http://therecipecritic.com/2014/12/best-breakfast-casserole/

315658f62b8fff480e6614320e3e80e6.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, Pippa. I will check in the frozen foods section of my local Publix. I assume they would be near the frozen pie shells, right? For people in Canada and central/western US, here is  a list of stores that carry frozen crepes http://crepini.com/Static.aspx?s=InStores

I did find crepes in my local supermarket! They were at room temperature in the produce department and these are not gluten free. The brand is Melissas. Now... what to do with these crepes??   

Homemade chili tonight using ground pork, bacon, chickpeas/kidney beans/black beans, carrots, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, and some seasonings. We enjoyed it with some roasted garlic bread. :)

sI8d52X.jpg?1

• Like 1

Homemade chili tonight using ground pork, bacon, chickpeas/kidney beans/black beans, carrots, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, and some seasonings. We enjoyed it with some roasted garlic bread. :)

sI8d52X.jpg?1

Leanna, save this photo for your first cookbook. Your chili looks SO enticing!  :)

• Like 1