What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

Hey everyone:

I really miss this thread and it's been buried, so I thought I'd start a new one. I know I'm not a fancy cook or anything like our Scott is, but I have a recent appreciation and love for cooking. My friends get cranky when I post food pictures on Facebook, so I thought I'd post them here instead!

Here is my meal from tonight. Not the greatest picture, but I made crockpot chicken using a bunch of seasonings and fresh garlic, rice, steamed broccoli, and Steve made me some mushroom gravy. I'm using the leftover chicken to make homemade chicken and rice soup. 

rPr9OBs.jpg?2

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had taco soup?  But anything with the word "taco" sounds yummy to me :)

Here is the recipe...I double it so I will have several meals to freeze, and instead of using all the same beans, I get four different kinds...so easy and really good...

Taco Soup

1 pound lean ground beef

1 small onion, chopped

2 cans Rotel (chopped green chilies and tomatoes)

1 ½ cups water

2 15 oz. cans kidney beans

1 8 oz. can tomato sauce

1 pkg. taco seasoning mix

1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix

1 can mexicorn

Shredded cheese,optional

Sour cream.optional

Tortilla chips, optional

Brown meat with onions.  Drain.  Add remaining ingredients

and simmer about 15 minutes.  Serve with optional ingredients.

• Like 4

Here is the recipe...I double it so I will have several meals to freeze, and instead of using all the same beans, I get four different kinds...so easy and really good...

Taco Soup

1 pound lean ground beef

1 small onion, chopped

2 cans Rotel (chopped green chilies and tomatoes)

1 ½ cups water

2 15 oz. cans kidney beans

1 8 oz. can tomato sauce

1 pkg. taco seasoning mix

1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix

1 can mexicorn

Shredded cheese,optional

Sour cream.optional

Tortilla chips, optional

Brown meat with onions.  Drain.  Add remaining ingredients

and simmer about 15 minutes.  Serve with optional ingredients.

This sounds really, really good! I just may need to give this a try :)

Last night's dinner. I made roasted potatoes, a cucumber/tomato salad, and pan-fried chicken.

13pz8Kp.jpg?1

Leanna, if your dinners taste as good as they look, steve has got to be in heaven!!!

Aww, thanks Scott! He seemed to really like this meal and he loved the chili last night. I'm pretty sure he ate a bowl for breakfast, haha.

• Like 1

As always, that looks excellent Leanna!!

Tonight I am having London Broil ( home made marinade ) on the grill,... baked potatoes ( with greek  yogurt and bacon bits ).... steamed Broccoli ( lightly seasoned ) and either cucumber or 5 bean salad. 

Thanks Scott!

Your dinner sounds delicious. :)