What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Lilly said:

Jo your dinners sound yummy but I never get why people have so many different vegetables. I honestly couldn't be bothered to cook more than two lol. 

Cos they are yummy, and they are good for you... but mostly cos they are yummy.... I grew up with meat and 3 veg... so its like a conditioning thing... meals must have at least 3 veg, a white, a green and a yellow/orange... so in my case there is a fair wack of programming. Last night I just did a spag bol... which I put veg in too.

• Haha 1

I put lots of veg in stuff too. This is gona sound mega gross to some I'm sure but tonight was just scrambled egg on toast. But I put in some left over totties, mange tout and brocoli from yesterday. And added half a leek and tiny bit of sweet corn lol so it was more veg on toast but I tell you what, it was delish ?

• Like 1

Ooooh great tip Jo. 

I've been so ill the last 10 days that it's really made me want to live a lot healthier than I do. I eat to fill hunger and because my life is quite busy I cook for speed. 

I was brought up on good nutritious food but once I left home I ate more crap. My goal is to eat for a longer healthier life now and go back to how my mum used to feed us. 

Off to Amazon to check out the steamers ?

Thanks Jo. I bought one before I saw this - Amazon is too easy to buy lol. 

I got a plug in one with 3 tiers and it will be delivered tomorrow. I think this is going to be a good easy way for me to eat a load of veg every day. I'm also going to stick some new potatoes in it so all I have to actually cook is the main.

Best tip EVER X X x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tarragon chicken cooked in the slow cooker for Sunday lunch today. With buttery mash with chives through it. Plus cabbage and carrots !! 10/10 and super dooper easy in the slow cooker (crock pot). 

Then my sis in law made a chocolate and banana cake and we served that with cream 😊 it was really delicious, it has maple syrup in it. 

20200223_131554.jpg

20200223_124209.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Tarragon chicken cooked in the slow cooker for Sunday lunch today. With buttery mash with chives through it. Plus cabbage and carrots !! 10/10 and super dooper easy in the slow cooker (crock pot). 

Then my sis in law made a chocolate and banana cake and we served that with cream 😊 it was really delicious, it has maple syrup in it. 

20200223_124209.jpg

I am going to move into Weegie's house.  At least on Sundays.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd join in with this with my newly-discovered joy of cooking healthy meals. This takes 20 mins, fish (cod or tilapia) is roasted in an oven along with the grape tomatoes, both with fresh parsley, garlic and a little oil or lemon butter. Mushrooms sautéed in a pan with onions and garlic and broccoli steamed.

image.thumb.png.a4ffded1c37a442b4ce2400932278245.png

Edited by Shezi
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Ok - so nobody laugh, I am no cook but I do like to eat.  

Kinda like biscuits' and sausage gravy without the biscuits'  .... I use diced potatoes/hash browns (a lot) with three over medium eggs, couple pieces toast. Lots of sausage gravy and salt and pepper. 

sos1.jpg

Edited by overcome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, overcome said:

Ok - so nobody laugh, I am no cook but I do like to eat.  

Kinda like biscuits' and sausage gravy without the biscuits'  .... I use diced potatoes/hash browns (a lot) with three over medium eggs, couple pieces toast. Lots of sausage gravy and salt and pepper. 

sos1.jpg

Didn't realize you had gone on a diet 😄

OK; yes I'm laughing but it does look super yummy. What I would call 'stick to yer ribs comfort food 😍 

• Haha 1