What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

OK... so it might be a little confused, but I didnt have a good plan for dinne and needed to use some stuff up in the fridge... so this is what happened...

fbbe57ee-6f60-42de-8ee1-d66f09816fac.jpg

for a side,,, Its a combination of quinoa, rice, sauteed with kale and roasted garlic... to the right is an avacado and chick pea (dip, sauce, side, ) not sure what to call it but it is sort of like a quacamole type thing

and it was really good... for the main I had some fresh halibut that I sliced to have a top and bottom, in between I put spinach, mushrooms, onions and tomatos...

Like I said,, sort of an odd combo, but it was really good.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/slow-cooker-pork-chops-and-field-peas-recipe

Serve with white rice and hot chow chow...Yummy

2 hours ago, Wee fluffy me said:

I know this ones not been used for a while (ok nearly 2 years ) but I feel like sharing whilst my wings are marinating 

Spicy chicken wings with homemade coleslaw and wedges,  heck I might even throw in a wee bit of salad...?

Chicken wings are a big favorite!  Share your recipe, please!

Edited by Nancy

• 3 months later...

Its the kids first day back at school... term 3 here we come.... so cos I'm a nice mum I'll make her her favourite dinner.... sticky ribs with mash, peas and carrots. (OK so its ribs, 1 tblspn of mash, 20 peas (yep she counts) and 3 disks of carrot)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Its the kids first day back at school... term 3 here we come.... so cos I'm a nice mum I'll make her her favourite dinner.... sticky ribs with mash, peas and carrots. (OK so its ribs, 1 tblspn of mash, 20 peas (yep she counts) and 3 disks of carrot)

Those had better be "beef ribs" and not

..... well ...................... you know!!

e3bdbd383f63be8cd0ee67239bc8f897--pig-ro

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So... half way through the 4 day weekend (Tuesday is a public holiday and every school in the state seems to take monday as an inservice day... so no school... well I can't be bothered and little miss has decided that seeing as I am going back to work and I wont get home until late she will start cooking dinner more than once a week and wants to learn how to cook some things... so tonight she is learning Nacho's Supreme.... which is the most disgustingly unhealthy meal on earth but she will eat it... basically mince with taco seasoning, onions, capsicum and tinned crushed tomatos served on corn chips with greated cheese and sour cream... oh and a side salad of shredded iceberg lettuce, cubed tomatos, cubed cucumber and some capsicum and spanish onion (capsicum = bell pepper, either red, or orange). (now when I used to make this for the siblings growing up I would add baked beans to the mince mix BUT noone in this house will eat them except me so I usually have some chickpeas if anyone wants to add them to the salad component because they will all eat those.

I haven't killed her yet and she has only cut herself twice... not sure I will be happy to let her 'cook' while I am not home. Maybe if I cut everything first and leave it in the fridge for her to assemble.

• Like 1

Grilled salmon with roasted veggies......cuz I am supposed to have fish 2x a week. Cardiac diet, you know.....ugh. I have never liked to eat any fish except  a tuna fish sandwich heavily disguised with mayo and celery and onion. I ate all the veggies and half the salmon!

image.thumb.png.ac86bb91e73d9a79d6854a1c1b6b9d2e.png

• Like 2