What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

Dinner tonight was grilled chicken tips marinated in a Buffalo sauce marinade with sauteed spinach with garlic and shaved cheese and mashed carrots/turnips.  Oh and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc from a box :)

20150412_173604_zps5ptw6wpb.jpg

• Like 1

Dinner tonight was grilled chicken tips marinated in a Buffalo sauce marinade with sauteed spinach with garlic and shaved cheese and mashed carrots/turnips.  Oh and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc from a box :)

20150412_173604_zps5ptw6wpb.jpg

That looks divine. :)

I made meatball-tortellini soup and now I'm suffering. Stomach is not feeling good at all.

This is what we had for dinner tonight. We purchased a BBQ yesterday and have used it both nights. We made blackened chicken, grilled pears, and a salad with avocado, cilantro, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, and homemade vinaigrette made with maple syrup, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic oil, and olive oil. 

11169718_10152997155983423_6012772235654

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The butter ball turkeys were on sale $1.19 pound... so I got 22 pound one. But when I got to the check out there was no barcode so they just charged me $20.00. ( $0.91 per pound  :D )  

I de-boned the turkey again and this time I roasted the Legs and the bones with some vegetables and made a good amount of turkey stock and the next day I barbecued the legs for dinner. I cut the breast in half and filleted and pounded each one out a bit. then I layerd a (sausage rice and spinach with cranberry and pecan stuffing) on top and rolled the whole thing up into a roast and tied it up.

Each is about a 6 pound roast... this is what each looked like as I was about to wrap and put into the freezer. I will pull them out to thaw and then slow cook them on the grill soon.

20150504_163435.jpg

• Like 4

OK,,, back to cooking....

I ventured into the  world of cooking with my new infrared gas grill. 

I took one of the turkey roast out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge for two days. I decided to cook the roast on a drip pan that I added some veggies and 1 turkey wing to so I could get some good stuff to make fresh gravy....

20150517_154840.jpg

then I topped it with a rack and placed the roast on top uncovered...

20150517_155220.jpg

I roasted it uncovered at 350 degrees F. for a bout 2 hours 30 minutes

20150517_180505.jpg

I turned out better than I expected....

20150517_191959.jpg

I am planning to use the grill alot this summer, tonight I am going to make mac and cheese, and I am also having cod stuffed with crabmeat... the infrared grill is  really working well for me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good there Scott - just a little jealous it is "grill" season in your part of the world !,!

Tonight Asian baked fish - served with green veg and extra quinoa - not pictured ( for those that think I don't eat ! :-) )

b61d290ad822b389ad5c3df98e07512d_zpslddw

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see you Leanna!!

Not to exciting but this is a half of a spaghetti squash, it is stuffed with mushrooms zuchinni sausage, yellow bell peppers and onions seasoned with lightly with curry and topped with gluten free bread crumbs.

20150704_193712.jpg

Yummy! I will have to try that. 

• 2 weeks later...