What's For Dinner: Part 2

Leanna

Not sure what to call it.... but last night...

On a bed of brown rice is a baked chicken breast stuffed with spinach and mushrooms, served with a pear, parmesan & green onion cream sauce.

20150104_190740.jpg

And of coarse it is low calorie!!!

:P Not!!

I WANT! Yum.

I'm making Minestrone soup tonight. We are having a "cold snap" this week and I figure soups for most of the week will help warm us up.

• Like 1

We are having, I guess you could call it "Recycled Chili" tonight. 

Son and Daughter-in-law live just half a block from us. They had chili last night. They bring 

the leftover pot of chili to us and we are having chili dogs and mac & cheese. 

I love easy  :wub:

• Like 2

We are having, I guess you could call it "Recycled Chili" tonight. 

Son and Daughter-in-law live just half a block from us. They had chili last night. They bring 

the leftover pot of chili to us and we are having chili dogs and mac & cheese. 

I love easy  :wub:

When I make casserole sort of dishes, I make 2 or 3 and stick them in the freezer for a no prep dinner later.  We have an extra freezer just for this purpose :)

• Like 4

Good old winter warmer for us. Sausage, mash and gravy with smoked pancetta and chopped spring onions.

That looks really good sharon!!! Like out of a restaraunt good!!!

I have been planning on making chilli for the past couple week. I never made chili before and am not sure how I am going to make it but I am going to definitely use kidney beans and turkey meat... anyone have a good recipe I can use as a guide??

• Like 2

That looks really good sharon!!! Like out of a restaraunt good!!!

I have been planning on making chilli for the past couple week. I never made chili before and am not sure how I am going to make it but I am going to definitely use kidney beans and turkey meat... anyone have a good recipe I can use as a guide??

I planned on London Broil on the grill tonight, but it's just too cold.  Chili sounds good right about now, have to get motivated to go back out in the cold though.  Chili is super easy to make, just brown your meat and add crushed tomatoes or plain tomato sauce (not pasta sauce), beans if you like and your spices.  It all depends on how spicy you like it.  I do mild mostly, you can use your own spice concoction or you can use the prepackaged like McCormick.  I use both depending on if I have all the spices on hand or not.  

That looks really good sharon!!! Like out of a restaraunt good!!!I have been planning on making chilli for the past couple week. I never made chili before and am not sure how I am going to make it but I am going to definitely use kidney beans and turkey meat... anyone have a good recipe I can use as a guide??

Thanks Scott very kind of you.

I can recommend a fabulous chilli, I warn you it is a 3 hour cook but you must trust me it is worth it... Restaurant quality Scott, you have my word and is the only one I will make now. I don't make the corn bread or soak the kidney beans... I use tinned, but I do knock up the spiced butter and follow the rest of the recipe to the letter

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-cook-like-heston/articles/all/chilli-con-carne-with-cornbread-muffins-recipe

• Like 2

Quick made dinner tonight as I have got to take Megz out football training. Made a Bang Bang chicken and special fried rice so I could use the rest of the spring onions up.

m7z1ab.jpg

That looks fabulous. Om NOM NOM 

• Like 1

Hey, frez-

I never heard of manestra before. I found a recipe on Google and decided to make it for lunch. I was bummed out when the recipe said that 1 tsp dried spearmint or regular mint is essential. I am out of mint. Then I remembered that I have herbal mint tea. I looked at the ingredients on the tea box and it was a mixture of mint and spearmint. Perfect! I emptied the tea bag into my pot and the manestra came out very tasty. :D  My husband happened to stay home from work today so he had this for lunch, too, and pronounced it "excellent". Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey, frez-

I never heard of manestra before. I found a recipe on Google and decided to make it for lunch. I was bummed out when the recipe said that 1 tsp dried spearmint or regular mint is essential. I am out of mint. Then I remembered that I have herbal mint tea. I looked at the ingredients on the tea box and it was a mixture of mint and spearmint. Perfect! I emptied the tea bag into my pot and the manestra came out very tasty. :D  My husband happened to stay home from work today so he had this for lunch, too, and pronounced it "excellent". Thanks for the suggestion.

no mint is in it .......it is a simple recipe from my hubs Yia Yia......just orzo, cinnamin, tomato paste and water and chicken thats it. oh yeah and a stick of butter