New Healthy Food Obsessions..What's yours?

Colleen

I boil beets...and after they cool off...i sprinkle with salt and snack :)

then the left overs...I save the juice and the left over beets and use them in my salads for the next few days and also the juice and some beet in my protein shake

i always hated beets growing up but i"m learning to like them

now I found out you can eat the leaves and the stems so i recently used them in my omelet and put it in stew...really good for you and gives it some color.

• Like 1

Skinny Cow ice cream bars. Oh my....where have these been all my life??

I used to think I hated fish....turns out I actually love fish. Tilapia.....I could eat that every single day.

Kale was an interesting adventure. It wasnt awful......but it wasnt really good either. I prefer spinach.

I bought an amazing frying pan and now I can have a fried egg.....with nothing added, no butter, not even no-stick spray. It just slides right out.

Turkey bacon.....hmmmm.....the jury is still out. The family had regular bacon in front of me. It is hard to be objective while pouting.

Hellmans light mayo......who knew that light tasted just like the full fat stuff? What a pleasant surprise!

Tzasiki (greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic and dill) tastes just as good as a spread in place of butter.

Reading this is making me hungry - and I just had breakfast !!

For me - Tuna steaks cooked Asian with mango salad ... Yum !

Crazy upside down people...tuna for breakfast!

Just bought a Nutribullet.

Ostensibly for La Bandita for Christmas. By January 15 she will have tired of it and I will opening a healthy smoothie / shake / super nutrition drink thread!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MUST HAVE items for my kitchen at all times:

unsweetened almond milk for my protein shakes (though I just bought cashew milk and love it even in my coffee)

fresh and frozen fruit for my shake

protein powder for my shake

I usually have 1 shake a day...unless I am eating a lot of protein that day or decide to just eat my fruit

Egg whites--necessity

fresh veggies...use them in omelettes for breakfast, salads for lunch, and big plate of veggies for dinner..so I go through a whole LOT of veggies.

nuts--Cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts

Organic peanut butter

Ezekiel bread or english muffins (in freezer)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love these been having them for breakfast...250 calories 17 g protein...Jimmy Dean Delights applewood smoked chicken sausage, egg whites and cheddar cheese on a whole grain english muffin :)

applewood-sandwich.jpg

Newest kick...pineapple, kale and ginger smoothie.  Been working with with kale and ginger for a while now, but pineapple is the fun new trend.  

Kale smoothies??!! See--that's why I don't think I could ever become a health food nut.  :(

• Like 2

Kale smoothies??!! See--that's why I don't think I could ever become a health food nut.  :(

Usually it's spinach but this week it was kale.  Will be going back to kale in salads and as chips on Monday.  I like spinach in the smoothies much more.

roasted brussel sprouts...yum!

I can't wait till jersey fresh veggies come out.........another month and it's Asparagus time!  I swear I eat about 10 lbs a week of it.  It's only in season for less than 2 months so I eat it constantly

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...