sos / vent

Blondie

OMFG   now I am really mad I just spent like a half an hour writing a vent and when I went to post it my computer took its time and when the page changed instead of posting it it said the page couldn't be displayed and when I pressed the back button my whole post was gone  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Not gonna rewrite everything just suffice it to say that I wanted a smoke argued with hubby miss hubby never see him more than an hour or two if I am lucky hubby stormed off to bed I cried and came here.   still haven't smoked and had no nicotine either

pushing through but struggeling :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: -_-

Wendy

bring on regular season  GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Hey Wendy:

Sorry to hear about your post. I hate when that happens. :( 

Also, sorry to hear you're struggling.

I'm glad you posted an SOS though and didn't smoke. 

Remember, smoking will do nothing for you. I can understand why you miss your hubby, but smoking won't help you miss him any less. 

Hugs. This too shall pass. Cravings are only temporary.

Guard your quit, stay close to the board like you're doing, post often, and keep reading/educating yourself. 

• Like 3

oh goodness, arguments are horrid but if he's stormed off to bed then that's all done.  ((Wendy))

Smoking won't help though sweetie. 

How about some distraction or planning something nice for yourself along the treat line. That takes the sting straight out of a crave. Can you safely go for a walk, or go to sleep yourself, or clean something, or book a manicure with the money you will save...anything like that?

xx

• Like 1

Aww sorry your having a bad time.....well done for coming here and getting it out.....

When we smoked,and things like this stuff happen,it's the first thing we reached for....

the problem was still there after we smoked ....

Sooo

Now you need to focus on other ways to get passed it.....deep breath....read a book,have a nice soak.....anything nice....

I was told....whatever happens smoking is not on the table......saying this over and over really helped me.....

Your doin great....stay strong.....

• Like 2

I'm so glad that you posted an SOS! This means that you really do not want to smoke!

I'm sorry your computer is playing games with you, and I'm sorry that you had an argument... but smoking won't fix this, and you know it, which is great!

Looking at the time, I expect that you are now asleep in bed - I hope that you made up with your husband, and have a better day tomorrow!

Big hugs Wendy, you are doing super!!

• Like 2

How are you this morning, Wendy?  I hope that you and your hubby woke up to a brighter day.  We all have moments like this and they suck.  Glad that you didn't smoke and came here to vent.

When I first moved to the DC area, my wife and three kids were still back in NC.  What we thought was only going to be 2 months until they moved up, turned out to be 5 long months.  When they did move up here, at the time I was still working swing shift and there would be over a week per month that the only time I would see any of them is when I looked in on them when they were sleeping.  It's no fun and I can kind of understand what you're going through.

Stay strong and committed to never puffing on a cigarette again.  You're three days into your quit and it's so important that you continue to do what you're doing.  You're doing great.  :)

• Like 1

Hope you're ok now, well done on getting through a stressful crave full night but guess what you did it, you are a fighter, each day gets easier, make sure you spoil yourself today, go get a massage or facial or you can't beat getting your hair blow dried in the hair dressers, whatever you do today,make sure it is all about you, be selfish and look after number 1, oh and chocolate, lots of chocolate always helps with a cuppa xxx

• Like 1

Good morning everyone!!!!  What a beautiful one it is !!!  Im sorry I never posted yesterday but I was pretty busy.  lots of chores around the house.  Also went to walmart and bought 2 bikes for myself and hubby.  Shocker we are gonna start riding bikes for exercise...  wow!!!!   Thank you everyone for responding to my sos and I am happy to say that I did not smoke and haven't smoked.  Everything is good and I feel great!!  gonna go grab a cup of coffee and then I need to mop my floors so I will catch everybody later!!!!

Hugs

Wendy xoxo

• Like 7

Good morning everyone!!!!  What a beautiful one it is !!!  Im sorry I never posted yesterday but I was pretty busy.  lots of chores around the house.  Also went to walmart and bought 2 bikes for myself and hubby.  Shocker we are gonna start riding bikes for exercise...  wow!!!!   Thank you everyone for responding to my sos and I am happy to say that I did not smoke and haven't smoked.  Everything is good and I feel great!!  gonna go grab a cup of coffee and then I need to mop my floors so I will catch everybody later!!!!

Hugs

Wendy xoxo

Yay, way to go!!! Happy for you - hope you enjoy your new bikes!!

• Like 3

Hugs

Wendy xoxo

So glad you hung in there, and you will have such fun on your bikes!

• Like 2

Buying bicycles is brilliant! It's not only wonderful exercise but it's a great way to bleed off some of the stress and boredom that happen during the first few weeks of a quit. And your healthier lungs will soon synergize with your stronger bicycling muscles to make your feel STRONG and HEALTHY and FIT!! Isn't that terrific??!! Next thing you know you will both join a cycling club and go for 50-mile cross country rides every weekend. (Uh oh! I think my fantasies are getting out of control here. :) ) Anyway, good decision, Wendy and her hubby!

• Like 2

Hello everybody!!! 

Well tonight I just wanted to pop in and update you all on everything!!  Hubby and I went for our first bike ride this afternoon and it was ....  a challenge!!!  Sure does make you realize what a couch potato I am and also that I am not a kid anymore.  But aside from that it was really good to go out and do something that is healthy and fun.  Chrysalis it is gonna be a looooooooong time before I go on a 50 mile cross country anything lol!!!  I had burning legs muscles that I forgot I had and I had to go and buy a bigger seat cuz my butt is not that small and I want cushion lol.  But my lungs were not burning and I could breath.  my legs gave out before my breathing did     WOW  that is a first for me!!!!!!   Btw I am working on my 7th day of not smoking and I have only used my ecig 0mg only 2 times.  I am totally finding it easy to push through any cravings I have!!!    So yeah   Yay me!!!!!!! 

And just as importantly my hubby hasn't had a cigarette since Aug 31.  He has been using an ecig but for him that is huge cuz he has been not running to the store for smokes.  Today he was having problems airing up the bike tires before our ride and he was getting very pissy and I just knew that he would be heading to the store and he even said he really wanted a cigarette.  but he came in the house and picked up his e cig and totally worked through the situation and he never did go get smokes.   I am very happy for him and I hope he can do it !!!!! 

Anyway that is the currents of my life for now.  Hope you all have a great day and take care

Wendy

Go Hawks!!!!

• Like 4

Awesome post Wendy - you will be surprised how your smoke free lungs respond to exercise - before you know it you will be carrying that bike over your head while you run 50 miles ! Well maybe not that far - but you will be amazed how quickly you progress and trust me exercise is the best distraction early in your quit a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 1

Hello everybody!!! 

Well tonight I just wanted to pop in and update you all on everything!!  Hubby and I went for our first bike ride this afternoon and it was ....  a challenge!!!  Sure does make you realize what a couch potato I am and also that I am not a kid anymore.  But aside from that it was really good to go out and do something that is healthy and fun.  Chrysalis it is gonna be a looooooooong time before I go on a 50 mile cross country anything lol!!!  I had burning legs muscles that I forgot I had and I had to go and buy a bigger seat cuz my butt is not that small and I want cushion lol.  But my lungs were not burning and I could breath.  my legs gave out before my breathing did     WOW  that is a first for me!!!!!!   Btw I am working on my 7th day of not smoking and I have only used my ecig 0mg only 2 times.  I am totally finding it easy to push through any cravings I have!!!    So yeah   Yay me!!!!!!! 

And just as importantly my hubby hasn't had a cigarette since Aug 31.  He has been using an ecig but for him that is huge cuz he has been not running to the store for smokes.  Today he was having problems airing up the bike tires before our ride and he was getting very pissy and I just knew that he would be heading to the store and he even said he really wanted a cigarette.  but he came in the house and picked up his e cig and totally worked through the situation and he never did go get smokes.   I am very happy for him and I hope he can do it !!!!! 

Anyway that is the currents of my life for now.  Hope you all have a great day and take care

Wendy

Go Hawks!!!!

Wow, everything is going so well! 

Congratulations on a week for you, and 2 days for your husband - you are doing great!

Wow Wendy, what a different post, I am SOOOO excited for you!! See what being quit can do, it serves as inspiration for others!!

Lol at the bike riding cushioning needed!! I think attempting said bike riding is extreme bravery, virtual hi five!!  

Love seeing these quits progress :) 

x

Chrispy    we'll see about one and done... isn't gonna happen that way :D  and thank you.   Btw tell me youre not a Santa Clara fan... that would be bad :rolleyes:

Thank you for changing your name!  Blondie is much easier!!

• Like 2

Chrispy    we'll see about one and done... isn't gonna happen that way :D  and thank you.   Btw tell me youre not a Santa Clara fan... that would be bad :rolleyes:

Santa clara... hmmmm... not sure about that one.  I am a Dallas Cowboy Fan.... I know, let the hating begin. 

• Like 2