Hello my name is...

Blondie

Hello everybody my name is Wendy!!  Some of you may know me from another site.  I have been having some ups and downs and I decided that I needed to leave the other site and start clean and be completely open.  I left the other site because it was damaging to my quit and I just don't need the drama that is flowing so deep there.

I decided yesterday afternoon that I was done smoking completely and then today I decided that I was also done with my preferred nrt.  Some of you know that I used the e-cig to quit and it was a God send but now I have decided that I want to be done with this struggle for good and I think the only way I can do it is to just do it.  I have been mostly smoke free since January 11, 2014.  I know mostly smoke free means that I was still a smoker and I am accepting that.  I only and maybe 3 or 4 in that time and I was totally using the e-cig and cutting down on the nic level faithfully.  I am changing my quit date to August 26, 2014 at 3:20pm. 

I am completely free of cigarettes, I have an e-cig with 2mg just in case I get a crave that I cant handle.  I need some safety net because hubby still smokes and there are cigarettes close by.  I think that is the only way I can completely do this and I even used a real pic of me just to force myself to be honest.  Now mind you I do still love my Seahawks (old profile pic) but I need to do this for me instead of hiding behind something.

Well about me...  I am married and have been for 27 years happily.  I have 2 children  a daughter 31 years old and a son 26 years old.  I live in Washington state I have 1 cat and 1 dog.  I love to spend time on the Harley with my hubby and I LOVE WATCHING FOOTBALL!!!!!!  GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!   I am 47 years old and have smoked since I was 16 years old.  At the end I was smoking almost 2 packs a day.  

Well there it is and here I am.  I hope to make some friends here, I know that I have one for sure (hello Sharon))   What you see is what you get  that is as honest as I can be. 

I am pledging that today I will not smoke

Have a beautiful day everyone!!!

Wendy

working on day 2

sorry if this makes no sense I am kind of foggy this afternoon...

• Like 9

Welcome.  You are in for some really Good times.

Guarantee.

Oh, Dear.  I meant to post the above to the new Blond with lots of numbers in her name.

Goofball here.

never mind goofball-ness.

Welcome Wendy !.

It is all true.  It gets really, really Good in so many ways.

No Doubt.

Don't worry, Wendy, Sazerac was like this before she quit smoking, too!  ;)

• Like 2

Wendy! Sharon will be thrilled!!

I'm glad you changed your avatar, so that I do not start calling you Mike again... lol

Anyway, you've certainly come to the right place. It sounds like you are in for the long haul, and we will be here for you every step if the way!

How are you feeling at the moment?

• Like 2

Oh Wendy, I'm made up! (action, you're right!)

You have come to a great place here Wendy, like Nancy said just post away.

I really don't think you'll have much trouble living without your back up plan you know, once you have a few times that you don't reach for it.

Overjoyed that you are here and I love it that I can see your beautiful face. Xx

edit: Sorry, in my excitement I forgot to say a big congratulations on your day two, fabulous!

Can I ask Wendy? I read about vapers who have the odd cig, here and there, are they say it tastes like crap and they put it out half way. Did you have that experience?

One man, Wendy, he goes to Paris once a year on business. He wrote that he packs one cig to sit and have with his coffee and pastry. He went on to say he only manages three pulls then puts it out, but does this every year. I can only think it must be an event that he is attached to, and has to go through? Just goes to show the power of the mind. I would rather pack an extra pair of shoes ;)

• Like 1

Welcome, Wendy!  Congrats on day 2!  :) 

If your goal is to quit smoking for good then that is all that matters.  Different methods work for different people but we as a support group will encourage you to never, ever take a puff on a cigarette again.  I used Wellbutrin XL to quit.  Ava used gum and Babs used a chicken wing.  Doesn't matter.  When you're 80 years old it won't matter how you quit, only that you're still quit.

There are several members here who've quit with another smoker in the house.  I did so many years ago and didn't have any issues with it but my last quit had I been living with a smoker, I can imagine it would have been tough at times.  Reach out with any issue or concern that you may have.

Post and post as often as you can to stay very proactive in your quit.  Start your own blog here to chronicle your quit journey (especially in the early stages), let us know how you're doing (yes, we will check up on you) and enjoy the ride.  The coffee is free on Quit Train (or your beverage of choice but coffee is encouraged, lol).

Go RAVENS!!!

PS, I fixed your ticker for you.  :)

• Like 2

Hiya Wendy and welcome, congrats to you on quitting, just be selfish as you like or need for the first month of your quit, nothing else matters, do whatever it takes to stay quit, oh and make sure to treat yourself every successful day for the first couple of weeks, a yummy cake or whatever you fancy,

Really well done and look forward to getting to know you,

Sue x

• Like 1

Welcome wendy.

I think the more honest you are, the better support we can offer and vice versa. 

Quitting with others smokers around is totally do able although hard at times for sure. If it helps I changed my thinking and often watched them smoke. I would wait for the "catch" and the "cough" and remind myself that there was a serious lack of romance going on there...they were simply feeding an addiction... no blissful relaxing and a whole host of bad stuff was happening (smell, cough, finances, etc). Maybe you can use them to reinforce your quit too.

xx

• Like 1