Not smoked 5,000 cigarettes!

I just nearly fell off my chair when I clocked my ticker!!  5,004 cigs I have not smoked since I quit, that's just mad!!

Don't know whether to celebrate or cry to be honest. I smoked SO much, it was crazy.

I didn't have one of those easy peasy quits. Perhaps personality? For sure, a lot of my life can be described as doing it the hard way but overall I end up happy and content, my quit is no different I guess. Means I have more tools to pay it forward with I think so I do that and save the judgements. Life is too short...it would have been much shorter if I carried on at that rate!!  

I remember the utter celebration on day 1 when I didn't smoke, shhh but I had no idea going in whether I could do this or not, that fear stopped and started at times. Now my panic is just "staying vigilant" and making sure my quit is protected at all costs!

I have absolutely no point to this post lol, just I'm stunned I smoked and therefore now "didn't smoke" that many in a short 5 months! Greatful every day that I found you guys to hold my hand while I stumbled through the fog and confusion and that despite some tough days, it feels a million times easier today. Thank you all. xx

• Like 11

That's incredible, Marti. I've got an app on my phone and I know in the first few weeks I kept being stunned by it. 234! 367! 453! It didn't seem possible. Multiply that 40 years, it's inconceivable.

Over 5000! You MUST celebrate!!

• Like 1

At the suggestion of others there is no need for delayed treats - I treated myself the whole way through lol, sometime for more then I would have smoked! But it's been fabulous and nipped a lot of thoughts/triggers in the bud as I don't want to give that up. Nothing made me smile more then not counting pennies in the hotter weather when my girls asked for an ice cream after school :). Florida trip coming which was promised last year and I failed to deliver through not quitting when I was first supposed too. This year we are going for Halloween :)  No one here can wait!!

I think I always knew the financial costs, although I would work it out month by month. I totally didn't connect the dots on how many actual cigarettes that amounted too though. 

Thank you all for the "atta girls". I'm still a bit weirded out I would have smoked that many. Crazy.

• Like 4

Fabulous Marti, what a fabulous treat you have to look forward to!

Also, days not spoiled checking the park maps for the points to stop and top up the crappy smoke levels.

Just brilliant really, as free as a bird to enjoy the rides, parades and character meets. Have you pre booked any meets yet using the new fast pass system? And pre booked your fast pass for rides before you go? Or are you a turn up and just go with the flow type?

• Like 1

I'm more the chilled type who wanders aimlessly :)  Should I book certain things before I go as they work out cheaper Sharon?  Would really welcome advice. Not ever done a family holiday before. No idea how to change money cost effectively or what sort of passes to look for? My sister lives there so I just assumed she would do the organising haha. x

Hi Marti

It depends on your plans really Marti. We went for two weeks and it was park visit everyday, less one pool rest day.

We purchased our tickets before we went as the UK sells the two weeks park tickets, works out cheaper to but in advance you see.

Some rides are very popular so the FAst pass can save a couple of hours queuing, very handy.

I'd check with your sister on what the plans are.

I planned everything in advance, a year before, you see. Only because that's my character and I knew I couldn't find the thousands again to revisit if we missed a ride. I am ride mad you see and sadly would have wound me up.

Many do just turn up and go with the flow and have a fabulous time.

I will though recommend two site I used to be on almost 24/7

Www.touringplans.com

Great site full of handy info.

The best one though is www.thedibb.co.uk

That one is full of people who travel there almost every year! There are fabulous forums full of help on every aspect. It's an amazing site and I recommend it to any Brit travelling to Orlando. I still go on periodically and read people's trip reports, it allows me the holiday 'in my mind' without the expense ;)

Have a look at some of the fabulous trip reports.... You will be so excited!

• Like 1

Nice Job Skippy... it really hits home when you can read your stats huh???

Look who´s posting... Can you bl**dy read YOURS?

shocked-emoticon.gif

These are the stats that keep me grounded.... either none or .... 5,000 or 12,000 or 500,000

None, one at a time.

Edited to add: I have actually checked my own... and I can´t believe that in this seemingly short time I would have smoked nearly 1,000 cigarettes. Mind boggles.

Please check your ticker. NOW.

• Like 2