Had a heart attack. Ain't that a peach?

comrade simba

Well, that explains why I didn't have any success in trying to run - I may have quit smoking but no matter how clean the air filter is if your injectors are clogged ya ain't going anywhere, heh heh.

Sunday heavy pressure on chest, breathing wasn't doing much of anything and the arms felt squeezed. So I went to the hospital and after the quick Madam Ho shave and wax they ran a couple of stents up the groin into the RCA vessel. Had a 100% clog going on.

The good news is that the chest xray showed zero long term lung damage and the doc said they sound clear as a bell. The lobes were a bit elongated but that's standard hardcore smoker stuff. So the message to all you newbs is that after a 7 month quit (Yeah! 7 months tomorrow!) my 40 year multiple pack a day roll yer own habit may have been the primary cause of a heart attack... but it didn't kill me.

Okay, now for the humor:

Three times a day I would shuffle off to the cafeteria and smell the greasy cheesburgers... and then go to my room and order the heart healthy tasteless crap off the cardio menu. After eating I'd go find where the smokers were hiding on hospital grounds and have my bliss moments of righteousness.

Life is good people, don't smoke the first one.

• Like 11

Holy crap comrade sorry to hear that, must have frightened the life out of you and Aine, glad you're on the mend now.

Congrats on 7 months, bet if you were still smoking it would have been alot more deadlier.

Oh, Comrade...what a fright!  So glad you are doing well, now.  Wonderful news about your lungs...I would not have expected that.  So glad you will be here to celebrate seven months!  Hey and hugs to Aine...

what a scare!!

glad you are ok 

I can just hear you at smokers corner lol

wow if you hadnt given up when you did - it could be a different story today - very scary stuff

you aint the hugging type but you and aine get one xx

Hey thanks for the cheers, all.

You guys remember me saying I quit because I had the feeling that one of the 14000 cigarettes I had scheduled to smoke this year had a heart attack written on it? Well, I'm not going to say this attack was from anything other than smoking just because I quit beforhand. I'm also going to say how glad I am that I quit when I did - I'm imagining just how lousy I would have felt laying in a hospital bed kicking the addiction... and having to cop to being a smoker to all those docs and nurses saving my ass.

I'll take all the hugs I can get. My sis brought me a balloon to the hospital and my mom brought a bear. Gotta milk these things for all they are worth y'know? :-D

• Like 10

Holy crap CS, I'm really glad you are OK!!

I always knew you were tough, and you've proved me right.

I hope that your recovery goes well, and that you are back doing whatever you love doing before you know it.

Please send our love to Aine, too :)

Obama care treating you good?

Truth is I knew this was coming about a year ago when I felt like crap all the time. So about the time I quit smoking I got some insurance. A cheap premium and 100% payout after monster deductable. Stuck with a monster deductable (pro'ly grow a bunch of cabbages and melons next year to pay for it) but a hell of a lot better than a no cap co-pay plan which what most people sign up for.

Nobody can get their hooks on my assets so the farm is safe.

• Like 1

Sorry you had a heart attack & had to get stents. I hope you can do that cardiac rehab from what I hear it really helps. I hope they didn't make you lay on your back for 6 hrs after they stent you. If I ever have to have stents again I hope they do it thru my wrist. So glad you weren't a smoker cause recovering from a heart attack can be tiring but jonesing for a smoke to sucks.