Smoking causes.....

bakon

Hospital stays where you have no control and people won't let you sleep and all you want is a cigarette but you are hooked to an iv. Smoking causes you to go outside in a hospital gown with an iv in your arm and stand in front of the er smoking .

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Death in so many ways. My mom crossed a center line and hit a semi head on, fatally. It was thought by a lot of people she was probably looking down trying to get a cigarette.

Oh, Jen...my heart is broken for you...what a tragedy....

Smoking consumes your thoughts and drives you to do disgusting things, like pick through ashtrays and smoke cigarettes that have gotten wet or have holes in them. You are anxious for your fix all day, regardless of what you're doing or who you're with.

• Like 2

Death in so many ways. My mom crossed a center line and hit a semi head on, fatally. It was thought by a lot of people she was probably looking down trying to get a cigarette.

Aw geez ((((Jen))))), I'm so sorry. I know it was a while ago, but still so devastating. :(

• Like 1

(((jen))). xx

In my house

copd

heart failure - left side

high blood pressure

receeding gum which led to tooth filling and then extraction

Dodgy pre cancerous cells

Actual change in those cells eventually to enough cancerous to medicate, radiology and hysterectomy

My 8 year old was picked on at school because her coat smelled :(  It was in the kitchen hanging where we smoked.

Same 8 year old stopped letting me kiss her bye, had to kiss the top of her head

Wrinkles

Yellow stained teeth and fingers

Inability to focus on a task, constantly thinking about smoking

And still we smoked!! Jeez, actually we are not so bright here!!  Never again!

• Like 5

Soo sorry jen xxx

And beacon xxx

Smoking causes fart bomb breath soooo bad

It causes bankruptcy for family members paying for their loved ones, hospital, hospice and funeral costs and generally for a long time because emphysema is soo kind it lets you live an awful agonising long dragged out death.

• Like 6

Smoking also takes away from being productive at home, at work and in our relationships - how many phone calls have you missed because of a smoke break? How much money has it cost you? How many special moments did you miss with your family because you were outside instead having a nasty little bugger and how many times was a more intimate moment ruined because your breath was so rancid.... there are 1000 horrible things smoking has taken away from all of us but there is one thing that this train has done and that is giving us our lives back!! I say that one victory will certainly cancel out each and every bad things smoking has taken from us.  Congrats to all for one more day of NOPE!!

• Like 6

I don't know if anyone mentioned or experienced it: Insomnia. Now I fall asleep faster and haven't stayed awake not one night after I quit. 

Yes, my sleep is MUCH better now. I used to wake up every night to go to the bathroom. I thought it was my kidneys. Actually, I think I woke myself up by coughing in my sleep (at least that's what my husband says). Then, once I was semi-awake I would often decide to wake up enough to have a cigarette in the middle of the night before going back to sleep. At that point, however, I was unable to get back to sleep for quite a while. Dumb!

• Like 4