Welcome To The Decade Party !!!

Doreensfree

Myself and my fellow Quit Train 

Buddies are in our Decade Year 

We have a few who have more years smoke free .

So i am throwing a Big Party for us all...

Oldies come and tell you how you are doing ..would love to hear from you 

Doreensfree xx

6518961-8414713544-giphy.gif

anniversary-10-1.gif

• Like 15

It just doesn't seem real that I am coming up on 10 years quit!  To all who are considering quitting...you CAN do it...and it is so worth the discomfort (and yes, some times misery) you have to go through.  I smoked for 40 years, and I know if I can quit, anyone can!!  Happy 10th to us!!

• Like 14

To all the newbies who are active or lurking, I can tell you that quitting smoking is definitely something you can do and it is worth the early struggles.

I quit after roughly 20 years as a smoker, and the last few years of my smoking life was spent struggling with short quits, trying to cut down, relapsing, etc.  What helped me was joining a site like this and reaching out for support and reading about others' experiences in their quits.

I also tried to take it one week, day, hour, minute at a time.....whatever it took.  Don't worry about craves that might happen a day or two from now.  Just focus on pushing through and defeating any craves that you may be currently experiencing..  Each crave you fight through makes your quit stronger.

Quitting smoking is very doable and I encourage anyone who wants to quit to take the leap.  It is worth it.

• Like 15

Congratulations to the spectacular Doreen and all members of the class of 2013 who have stayed the course and will be celebrating their first smoke-free decade this year!!!  I'm a couple of years behind and happy to say I'll never catch up because there's no way any of these folks are turning back.  

Thanks for showing us that one minute, one hour, one day at a time will eventually add up to the celebration of the decade!!!  Now, it's time to party like a penguin! 

image.png.39f40131916029c6e206b21d343e19f6.png

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Yaaa..

Welcome to the party Nancy..

Grab a glass of Champers ..

The guys on the Train are just about to perform for you .xx

GloomyImmaculateAntbear-max-1mb.gif

Congratulations Doreen on 10 years smoke free!!!  Wow that is soooo amazing!!!!🥰😁👍

• Like 2

Wow!!!  Can't believe it's been 10 years.  Summer Quitters helped me get started on my smoke free journey.   LOVE LOVE LOVE being smoke free!  Those first few hours, days weeks, had some hard moments, but we kept saying NOPE, and counting to 20 and back.  

Keep on keeping on.  And as the Sarge would say, "Easy Peasy!"

• Like 8

How lovely to see you again Petra.

Huge Congratulations  on your 

coming 10 yr Anny .

Ill drink to that ...

CHEERS 

Enjoy the Party  X

PS...if your in touch with any quit buddies 

give them a invite xx

all-about-eve-no-text.gif

Edited by Doreensfree