Easter SOS

Brioski

Man, I don’t know what about today it is, maybe because I’m cooking/prepping for Easter and I’m hosting tomorrow. I’m really, really, reallyyyyyyy struggling to keep this quit right now. It’s almost 2pm and I’ve been thinking of smoking every half hour to hour or so and it’s giving me the eff its….like eff it and I’ll go to the store, smoke some, be back to normal and try to quit another time, a time when it’s on my terms, not like these past two quits (last year and this year) when it’s been on the terms that I’ve gone to the hospital and it was out of my hands. 
I know this is all sounds silly and I also know many of you have felt this way too. It feels like too much. I want off. But I know also it quite possibly will be worth it. And I also promised myself I’d at least stay quit until my pulmonary appt in May (I know that sounds silly too…idk why I’ve set this temporary stretch when it should be forever but that’s too scary rn). 
Help. 

• Like 1

This is your junkie mind trying to talk you into smoking.  Smoking will not make Easter easier or better. 

16 minutes ago, Brioski said:

I’ll go to the store, smoke some, be back to normal and try to quit another time, a time when it’s on my terms, not like these past two quits (last year and this year) when it’s been on the terms that I’ve gone to the hospital and it was out of my hands.

Things will always come up and a lot of times things will be out of your hands and not on your terms.  This can be a tempting excuse to give up and say you'll try again later.  Things very well may come up again later.  This is no reason to light up.  There is no good reason to light up.

You have over a month smoke free.  These are the toughest times but things get better and you do not want to go back to having to do that first month again.

Remember this quote (in my signature) from another successful quitter, "If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now."

Keep the quit.  You can do this.

• Like 4

@Brioski, just the fact that you posted tells you that you want to save your quit! This first holiday will be the toughest because you haven't dealt with one smoke free yet but once you're past it it will get easier. 

Use your tools, use your BAC, suck on sweets. Anything you need to do to keep that awesome quit!

• Like 3

The right time is now ..

Why throw away a wonderful months quit.

Just to do it again later ..

Smoking is off the table ..full stop .

That includes Easter ..

Positive thinking not Stinkin thinking 

What are you missing ?

Something thats made you need that appointment in the first place .

Good for you coming here , keep that fabulous quit  .🐸

• Like 3

Thank you, friends. I appreciate it.  I don’t feel super great, still triggers/cravings (like frequent wtf!?) but I’m in my jammies and not going to smoke today.  This shit is hard and it shows me how strong you all are.  

@Linda, I appreciate you saying that, it so does help to hear your perspective. 

I appreciate you guys, thanks for being there for me ❤️🤍

Happy Easter 🐇 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Brioski said:

This shit is hard and it shows me how strong you all are.  

It shows me how strong YOU are brioski we just reminded you of it 😊

Have a great night and be proud of yourself!!! Xoxo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your tough times. I’m having my own version these days. But we CAN do this. Not one thing is made better by smoking… but hundreds of good things are made possible by quitting. Not gonna make things worse by ditching my quit. But  damn, this ride is bumpy sometimes! 

20F49E41-B386-48CC-91D8-968D3C7DEC43.gif

• Like 4

@DenaliBlues hell yea it is!! Real bumpy…who installed these speed bumps?  Hope you’re ok too…as my grandpa used to say, “compost happens”, I’m sorry you’re having a go too.

Heck yea, @darcy still an ex smoker, and I’m sorry you’re having some blips too.  

You’re both right, we can do this…even through the sucky times. We WILL feel better vets, right?! Promise?! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brioski said:

We WILL feel better vets, right?! Promise?!

YES you will, I PROMISE! 🤗😊

The longer you are quit the more triggers you've gone past so if  craves do come up here and there they are nothing more than a fleeting thought that goes as quickly ad it came on. That is as long as you don't give it any head space. 

My favorite aunt died in February and my awesome uncle on my mom's side died a couple weeks ago and never did a thought of smoking enter my mind. 

You guys will get there too but it takes time. At least a year, thus the one year commitment pinned to the top of the forum 😊

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

@Brioski I’m so happy that you chose to not smoke! I have to admit I get a little tickled  when I see that you have cursed your way through another crave although I know without any doubt that it is not a humorous situation to be in. I recently celebrated my 2nd year quit and yesterday afternoon I found myself in the happiest of situations. After Easter dinner all of the kids had gone out to play and the next thing I knew, ‘I’ was alone in the house. The other adults had stepped out to smoke! I watched them through the window for a few minutes and had true tears of thankfulness that it wasn’t me out there and then I had another slice of cake to celebrate because I had absolutely no thought or need to go out and join them. It does get easier. Each and every time. It gets easier. 

• Like 5