The things about quitting that make you smile

Molly2310

Hi gang,  I’ve been thinking, there are so many things that make me smile now I’ve quit.

Tonight it’s the fact that it’s pouring with rain and I don’t have to go outside and stand in it to get my fix, it’s awesome 😃

What are the little things that make you all smile about quitting?

• Like 9

As I got older as a smoker, I started to grow very self-conscious of how I smelled when around crowds that were mostly non-smokers (especially at work).  After quitting, I started feeling more confident in these type of settings and realized that it was one of many smaller things that made me feel good about everyday life.

Like you just posted, Molly, not having to go out and smoke in crappy weather is also a nice plus.

The further you get in your quit, you will discover many positives, some big and some small, about not being a smoker.  It is a positive journey.

• Like 9

Smiles about being free of nicotine slavery:

Not arranging my day ....from start to finish around smoking.

Not feeling self conscious about the stench.

Being able to think through something difficult without smoking.

Not lining the pockets of drug pushers with money I earn.

• Like 8

Easier long distance plane rides.

Not being stinky.

My fingers are finger-colored now, rather than a creepy yellow. 

Not battling the constant brain dissonance around loving/hating smoking.

Freedom from chemical bondage. 

Meeting wonderful people here on the Train.

• Like 8

I don’t stink anymore! I don’t have to make up lies to avoid going somewhere I knew that I wouldn’t be able to smoke. Finding a special group of people that have done nothing but support me in my quit since the very first day I interacted with this forum! I needed it badly. Everyone here on this train rocks! 😎
200.gif

• Like 8

Among the many benefits/pleasures of being quit, I'd highlight the fact that my smokefree status is always there, always a reminder of one of the greatest and most important things I've done in my life.  So if I'm having a particularly difficult moment/day/etc., I can always reflect on and celebrate this achievement. 

Christian99

21+ Years Quit 

• Like 8