cravings

andrew66

isnt it odd that when you decide to stop smoking you know you are going to be craving cigarettes and it will be a pretty tough few days to begin with......... however these withdrawls are not in the same ballpark as you have if you run out of cash and can not buy more so therefore have to do without,

or you have no way to go buy some..... then the withdrawals truly  hit you like never before.

goes to prove different situations both resulting in not smoking but with completely different withdrawal  outcomes.

this goes to prove that the way you look on your quit can be hard or easy (its all in your brain as to the outcome)

stay strong its easier than you think .

Absolutely right.

I was amazed how easy it was at the start. Don't get me wrong, it was no picnic, but in comparison to what I had built up in my mind...or what I used to experience when trapped in a long meeting.. It was not half as bad as I had thought it would be.

For anyone considering quitting smoking..do it. Quit.

It is not as terrible as you might think and there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who can help you get it done!

• Like 1

when you know you are in control - you are 

your mind is more capable  of achieving  tasks beyond your wildest dreams when you place the foundations and map your route  for you to calmly  follow the path to freedom....just dont deviate  it can be so  simple if you want it to be

isnt it odd that when you decide to stop smoking you know you are going to be craving cigarettes and it will be a pretty tough few days to begin with......... however these withdrawls are not in the same ballpark as you have if you run out of cash and can not buy more so therefore have to do without,

or you have no way to go buy some..... then the withdrawals truly  hit you like never before.

goes to prove different situations both resulting in not smoking but with completely different withdrawal  outcomes.

this goes to prove that the way you look on your quit can be hard or easy (its all in your brain as to the outcome)

stay strong its easier than you think .

Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps it is choice? I know my fear level over quitting was huge; it was comparable to "i will die if I cannot smoke." Just typing that strikes me as a bit, well, illogical. :-)

Quitting sucks. NO SPARKLES.

However, it is slightly less horrific than I thought it would be. I didn't die from the physical withdrawal. It was better than childbirth.hmm. Well, most things are, really.

I am 5 weeks off smoke, and I am restless, irritable, and mostly discontent. I pray for sleep for some release from the constant anxiety. It is getting better each day, don't mistake me, but it is so god awful slow!

Sigh. 40 years. Nancy, really, I DID expect to be over this in 5 days. lol!

• Like 1

Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps it is choice? I know my fear level over quitting was huge; it was comparable to "i will die if I cannot smoke." Just typing that strikes me as a bit, well, illogical. :-)

However, it is slightly less horrific than I thought it would be. I didn't die from the physical withdrawal. It was better than childbirth.hmm. Well, most things are, really.

I am 5 weeks off smoke, and I am restless, irritable, and mostly discontent. I pray for sleep for some release from the constant anxiety. It is getting better each day, don't mistake me, but it is so god awful slow!

You remembered!!

I was terrified to quit...I mean, you hear that it is more addictive than heroin.  That may or may not be true...but the withdrawals cannot be compared...

as you say aine it seems to get better every day........ it really does plz take my word for it you gonna not feel the best for a while yet however before you know it you will of turned a corner that will be a big sorry massive corner that when you turn the next corner it will be so much smaller and easier to get around ( sorry about my punctuation ).

when you know you are in control - you are

I think that is exactly what it is - once we choose to quit and recognise smoking isn't an option - we don't have the panic we felt if we ran out - not that that happened much - I was to terrified of the consequences 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10