Day 2 already?

Slow progress

Well you all had more faith Than I did! 

it’s funny with the cravings because I have no desire to smoke! If I am bad I just sniff my husbands ashtray - it’s really bad!

I think he will be following in my footsteps pretty soon - fingers crossed. Met my smoking friend for a dog walk this morning with a cuppa - enjoyed being a non smoker.

• Like 6

You are doing so great, @Slow progress! I love that you're being real about the cravings and ups and downs, but have taken smoking totally off the table as a response to them. That's the foundation of a really strong quit. @Boo once said, "There are a million things you CAN do in response to a craving, and just one you can't - stick something in your mouth and set it on fire." Good on you for embracing all the other possibilities! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DenaliBlues said:

You are doing so great, @Slow progress! I love that you're being real about the cravings and ups and downs, but have taken smoking totally off the table as a response to them. That's the foundation of a really strong quit. @Boo once said, "There are a million things you CAN do in response to a craving, and just one you can't - stick something in your mouth and set it on fire." Good on you for embracing all the other possibilities! 

That’s the key -once I’ve signed up to nope I can’t smoke until the next day- so I have to get on with it! Mostly seems easy - not always

• Like 5

15 hours ago, jillar said:

That is great news SP. Did you show your hubby your ticker? If he smokes as much as you did you guys will be around $1200.00 a month richer! ☺ 

You’re exactly right - how can we have just wasted so much money?

He is aware of the cost but I am not mentioning a word to him - I know he is happy that I have quit and supports me, but he’s not there yet! I’m sure he’s not too far away from making his own decision!

• Like 4

DAY 22
Still going strong. Have shingles and the worst pain in the world.not even thinking of smoking but ingesting edibles 24/7 to try and dull the pain. It’s shitty today - well really the last few days - can’t sit, can’t sleep but I haven’t smoked!

oh and we also have forest fires so waiting to see if we have to evacuate! Give me strength.

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, Slow progress said:

DAY 22
Still going strong. Have shingles and the worst pain in the world.not even thinking of smoking but ingesting edibles 24/7 to try and dull the pain. It’s shitty today - well really the last few days - can’t sit, can’t sleep but I haven’t smoked!

oh and we also have forest fires so waiting to see if we have to evacuate! Give me strength.

So sorry that you have shingles....I had it a few years ago and I know exactly what you are going through.  The pain is just horrible.  But, you can get antiviral meds and painkillers from your doctor.  That's what I did and I was only in bad pain for 1 day. Go to your doc today, if you can.  Glad you haven't smoked, because it certainly wouldn't help at all!

• Like 3

Still here! Still got shingles and in pain …

but I made 4 weeks! Super happy but yesterday weather was crappy and I just couldn’t figure out how to use all this free time up - in the past, I would just have sat outside and smoked!

I think I’m going to have to find an inside hobby ….

posting a little less often - but read everyday and still committed. Hope we are all doing well on the train

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Slow progress said:

but I made 4 weeks! Super happy but yesterday weather was crappy and I just couldn’t figure out how to use all this free time up - in the past, I would just have sat outside and smoked!

posting a little less often - but read everyday and still committed. Hope we are all doing well on the train

Sorry you still have the shingles!  Did you go to the doc and get the anti viral pills?

4 weeks is great!! Keep it up!👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slow progress said:

A huge congratulations to you @Slow progress you are doing great in your quit and am so happy for you.

Soon the other physical issues will be gone and you will have pulled through hanging on to your quit.

What an inspiration you are! 

• Like 2

Well done on four weeks @Slow progress, sorry you're still feeling bad though. I hope you feel better soon. Love the ticker, look at those stats already! 😊

I have to say, you may need to change your name because you're making pretty good progress not slow at all lol 😊🤗

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well I’m over a month in already!

if there’s anybody in the early stages, or just reading around wanting to quit - the only advice I would give is to go for it! It’s hard but not impossible! Use this site -:post often and get support - you will need it! After only even a month I don’t miss smoking.  I no longer constantly think about cigarettes and I’m really thankful every day that I can breathe easily….

Sign up to nope - it’s only committing you to non smoking for 1 day - if it gets terrible, you can smoke the following day - BUT you won’t want to!

the people here are really what makes the difference - such a supportive group of people who have all been through the same thing!

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 8

What an uplifting post, Slow Progress. So great that you made it “over the hump.” The timing of that hump is unique to each person, but freedom always awaits on the other side. Woo hoo!

IMG_7929.gif

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 4