Day 2 already?

Slow progress

18 minutes ago, jillar said:

What a great update @Slow progress 😊 Its awesome when those good days finally come isn't it?! You got this girl!!!

It was nice to have an easier day - that’s for sure - one of those days where you feel just how good it is to not be tied to cigarettes! And already 199 cigarettes saved - that’s crazy! 

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 3

Hello day 9.  Just sitting here in bed - would normally be really coughing badly and nose would be streaming - today I am just sitting here with no desire to smoke again - watching my savings grow bigger. Cleaned out my car yesterday - I have the old runaround that was our smoking car! Gross! I set off some smoke elimination bomb in it yesterday and it’s much more pleasant now - lots of positive steps over the last 9 days - thanks to all of you for your support

• Like 5

Attaway to give smoking the heave-ho, @Slow progress! It's good to literally and symbolically evict the ashes and stink. And good for you for focusing on the plusses: the easier breathing, the money saved, etc. There will definitely be cravings and periods of questioning... in my first months I spent a lot of time vacillating between positivity and despair. Things leveled out for me a bit more after I completed my step down from NRT. But grim determination (and a lot of pushups, cussing and house projects - LOL) got me through. Knowledge is power, and the support from folks here on the Train is priceless. You CAN kick this addiction!

kick-mad.gif

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Slow progress said:

Hello day 9.  Just sitting here in bed - would normally be really coughing badly and nose would be streaming - today I am just sitting here with no desire to smoke again - watching my savings grow bigger. Cleaned out my car yesterday - I have the old runaround that was our smoking car! Gross! I set off some smoke elimination bomb in it yesterday and it’s much more pleasant now - lots of positive steps over the last 9 days - thanks to all of you for your support

WooHoo

This post us FULL if positives SP

And the magic keeps on coming

We are all happy for you 🐸.

• Like 5

Day 10 - a bleak day weather wise and mood wise.

A bit of a craving going on - not gonna give in so out for a walk with the dog then a hair appointment. Eyebrows could also do with some work! 

think today may need to be about just keeping busy. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Brioski said:

You’re in double digit SP!! ❤️❤️ 
Heck yea pamper yourself bc u do deserve it.  I don’t think I’ve done my eyebrows since Thanksgiving 2021. I wish I was joking 😂

Proud of u girl ❤️

Well eyebrows seem scary after 6 months of invisible ones!

• Haha 4

Day 11.  Feel like I’m doing ok - no real dangerous times- I do have bad spells but it’s like I’ve taken smoking off the table as even an option….

still going to bed early and not being much fun but have loads more energy and love love love not smoking!

the support of ppl on here has made so much difference .

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jillar said:

You are doing AWESOME!!! And look at all that money saved! 😊

Oh if only I had saved it - spent it all at lululemon yesterday…. 
but at least that’s 260 cigarettes that I haven’t tried to kill myself with! Weight is increasing by the day, but have eaten cleanish today. Need to start a long evening walk to keep me out of the kitchen

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 5

Quitting is a journey ..

When you  are more comfortable in your quit  you will find yourself shiffing to your weight ..Dont worry and dont rush ..a few extra pounds 

Is worth a life of freedom ..

Look at those pounds in a positive way...it neans your health is improving..Soon enougth those pounds will fall away..🐸

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 3

U go girl….and Dor’s right the weight we’ll focus on later…I’m already overweight and gained and I’ve been to my GP, a cardiologist, and pulmonologist and all of them said the weight is nothing compared to quitting, quitting is immensely better comparing the two (watch in 10 months they’ll be like sooo let’s talk abt your weight😂). 
Way to go girl you’re inspiring and helping me! ❤️  

(Yest and today I’ve been craving way more than recently I’m like ? ? what gives…but maybe it’s “the threes” that ppl talk abt bc I’m hearing 3 months. Idk. Lol I’ll maybe mention it in my thread)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brioski said:

U go girl….and Dor’s right the weight we’ll focus on later…I’m already overweight and gained and I’ve been to my GP, a cardiologist, and pulmonologist and all of them said the weight is nothing compared to quitting, quitting is immensely better comparing the two (watch in 10 months they’ll be like sooo let’s talk abt your weight😂). 
Way to go girl you’re inspiring and helping me! ❤️  

(Yest and today I’ve been craving way more than recently I’m like ? ? what gives…but maybe it’s “the threes” that ppl talk abt bc I’m hearing 3 months. Idk. Lol I’ll maybe mention it in my thread)

Brioski you are doing so well! We all have really hard days but I can’t imagine being at nearly 3 months!  You have beaten this thing - how great is that?

you have helped me from the first day - and I have a long way to go! Keep on keeping on.

• Like 4

On 5/18/2023 at 9:33 PM, Gus said:

You are doing amazingly well @Slow progress! I’m so proud of and happy for you! 🤗

remember oh yeah GIF
Dwayne Johnson Eyebrow Raise GIF
I couldn’t decide who had the best…uh…eyebrows! Yeah, eyebrows! I’ll let y’all decide. lol 🤤 

Mine are certainly up there - don’t know how she managed it but they’re very thick suddenly ….

Day 13. Feel a bit out of sorts but no cigarettes for sure! Golf today and book club tonight!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slow progress said:

yesterday was tough in terms of craving but didn’t come close to smoking

Love to see this SP, you've come so far already. We knew you could do it and now you know it too😊

• Like 2