Day 2 already?

Slow progress

SP it’s totally different for everyone like Jillar said…and I’m just being honest w u about my experience.  Literally take it hour by hour, day by day. They add up quick you’ll be surprised.  You’re doing amazing ❤️❤️

• Like 3

Day 5 - yesterday was sooo hard so hoping for an easier time of it today.

hubby is annoying me and also annoyed with me - thing is I have to be selfish and really just focus on this one thing for now - so yeah not much fun for him. I’ve had a lot of early nights and a lot of solitary time but I think he’d probably on some level, be happy if I fail - cos then he doesn’t have to even think about giving up - cause it’s obviously too hard? 
im not going to fail today so heading over to nope

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 5

Amazing job SP….I think you’re right…he’d be semi happy if things just went back to “normal”.  But there will be a new normal which I know sounds sucky, but it’s really the same lol just can breathe better. I know it sounds cliche and I was like wtf that won’t help (but it really did lol), forcing to drink water and deep breaths. It really does help.  I used to go out to the garage and smoke and go on TikTok so if I’m having a hard time I just go on TikTok outside or on my couch and do the air cig. It soo helps. 
You’re doing amazing girl, keep rewarding yourself every hour you’re smoke free 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Slow progress said:

im not going to fail today

Reading your post called to mind the first morning I awakened to no thoughts of that ‘first cigarette for the day’ and that I had made it 5-7 minutes into that day before it occurred to me. That was sincerely one of the most exhilarating moments of not only my quit but, my whole life! I will never forget it. I so want that for you and I want you to tell us that you did a most outrageous happy dance that caused your husband to roll his eyes, shake his head, throw his hands up in the air, and leave the room when it happens. lol It is strange how many people experience such negativity from others while they are quitting. How there are those that want to see you fail. Mirrors. Conviction. Accountability. Fear. Selfishness. Pride. I truly hope that your husband hops onto the train with you, but in the meantime for your viewing pleasure….

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Hilarious Gus! I’ve been singing in the shower a lot - which has been noted. I’m not pressuring him but I also can’t let him hold me back - I hope he will see it can be done - it’s not easy but it definitely can be done - look at all the people on here - still helping others do it!

• Like 6

All of us have been helped by others.  Giving good advice and sharing our experiences is our way of paying it forward.  In a few months, you will tell other new quitters how you preserved and were the example that helped your husband to quit.

• Like 7

@Slow progress, you're spot on about your hubby. He's not only losing his smoking buddy but seeing that quitting is way more possible than we were led to believe. Just wait until he sees all that extra money in your bank account, it may just change his mind. By the looks of your ticker you'll have saved about $700.00 in just one month! So awesome 🤗😊

• Like 4

Jillar is right..

Hes lost his smoking buddy ..

I remember my best friend being  annoyed when i quit ..

I tried everything to get her to quit too..this us when i reolized they have to want to do it ...

Sad thing ..shes now passed away due to a smoking illness ..

Concentrate on you ,your life may depend on it !!

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 4

Day 6 already - doing garbage collection and planting at a community garden this morning, so defo no time to smoke!

yesterday was pretty easy - can’t believe I made it to day6. Transferred money saved into savings account - should pay for a holiday next year!

hope everyone is doing well especially you Brioski

• Like 7

Day 6 is literally amazing SP!! And also amazing is your community project! I looked up community classes but haven’t signed up for any. I should’ve lol.  You’re doing beautifully ❤️ well done

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Brioski said:

Day 6 is literally amazing SP!! And also amazing is your community project! I looked up community classes but haven’t signed up for any. I should’ve lol.  You’re doing beautifully ❤️ well done

Definitely sign up - you learn so much and meet some usually great people.

hope you’re doing well and not missing the cancer sticks….

my sister lives in New Jersey - lovely part of the world

• Like 5

Ok cool I will! You’ve convinced me lol.  I’m doing good, just made a post in my topic, not great-omg-I-never-crave-them, but def good lol. I don’t miss them way more often than I do miss them.  Actually, today I got up and made coffee, did not think of them until now. Like even logging on quit train wasn’t craving/thinking of them this time. Weird lol.  
Have fun at your outing!! 
Omg that’s cool abt your sister, don’t tell me specifics but is she northern or south jersey? I’m way up top north jersey. 
have a great day sp!! ❤️

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Brioski said:

Ok cool I will! You’ve convinced me lol.  I’m doing good, just made a post in my topic, not great-omg-I-never-crave-them, but def good lol. I don’t miss them way more often than I do miss them.  Actually, today I got up and made coffee, did not think of them until now. Like even logging on quit train wasn’t craving/thinking of them this time. Weird lol.  
Have fun at your outing!! 
Omg that’s cool abt your sister, don’t tell me specifics but is she northern or south jersey? I’m way up top north jersey. 
have a great day sp!! ❤️

She’s about16 miles southwest of Manhattan- you too - enjoy the nicer weather 

• Like 3

Still feeling flat - I remember this from a previous quit - a bit like what is the point!  BUT I know the point - have decided to at least give it another week and hope it improves a bit.

how-are you Brioski? Coming up for 3 months soon! Doyoufeel like a true non-smoker? I put on 5lbs in one week so now need to get my backside out to exercise more and quit eating so much.I need to drink more water and start walking when I’m craving …. 

thanks Doreen’s-free - still a flaky newbie but really happy i managed a week - especially with easy access to cigarettes. I think if I can get to 3 weeks, I’ll feel a little bit more confident that it may stick - one day at a time

• Like 6

SP I totallyyyyy had the same feeling…what’s the point of continuing…I want to get back to normal, etc….it totallyyy goes away tho girl….please trust me.  And you’re totally right…one day at a time.  
To be honest, no, I don’t feel like a nonsmoker….but I am, lol.  I do feel way good though in terms of breathing, anxiety, it’s almost like I’m viewing/experiencing life as I want to/intended to but never did when I was smoking, idk I know that sounds weird sorry.

And don’t worry abt the weight….I gained a lot too (and I’m already of a hefty stature lol). We’ll lose it soon. 
You’re doing amazing girl reward yourself big ❤️

• Like 3

Thanks Gus! I’m a bit proud too but still cautious!

today was an easy day - maybe 10 craves but not bad as I was busy all day. Looking forward to tomorrow- feeling so much more full of energy - I like that bit.

Brioski - I know what you mean - things feel so different not smoking - and despite the craves etc, things feel better - not always mixed in with popping out for a smoke -and I do not miss the morning coughing.  Hope you are having a good day today.

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 3