Day 2 already?

Slow progress

57 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Slow progress, if going to bed helps you keep your quit than why wait? We do whatever we need to do on the early days of our quits including going to bed early if it helps. Use it as one of your quit tools. 

You are doing great and it won't take long for your sense of smell to come back so you'll be able to smell the stale smoke on your hubby and be glad you don't smell like that anymore!

*you are sooo right - in bed!.

I can already smell the smoke on hubby - not great but not in a position to judge - I was him 2 days ago. Looking forward to being at the end of day 3 and mowed 2 lawns tonight - keeping busy.

thamks for the support 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Brioski said:

Proud of u, SP ❤️❤️ I’m going to lay down and read.  Goodnight ❤️❤️

You are doing so well - do you find it easier now? Yesterday was bad for cravings!

Day 3 - woohoo

As I don’t have a spare 70k I guess I won’t be smoking today ….

• Like 5

@Slow progress I absolutely do find it easier now….and that’s coming from me who literally days ago was cursing everything out, saying eff it I’ll just go back to normal….for a while there I didn’t know who I was. I was friggin angry, crying crying crying, I couldn’t breathe, my joints ached, and I was like wtf I thought shit’s supposed to get better after stopping. But I’m on day 79 and u know what, I’ve had hours (not full days yet lol) that I don’t think abt them.  So to me that’s progress, and I’m almost thinking like ok what’s 3 months have for me? 5 months?  To see if I’ll actually not think of smoking, bc damn I still do. I smelled someone smoking a cig yest at the shop and I’m sorry but it smelled good lol. But I just enjoyed smelling that I didn’t feel the agonizing need to go buy them. Idk. You got this girl I believe in u ❤️

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Brioski said:

@Slow progress I absolutely do find it easier now….and that’s coming from me who literally days ago was cursing everything out, saying eff it I’ll just go back to normal….for a while there I didn’t know who I was. I was friggin angry, crying crying crying, I couldn’t breathe, my joints ached, and I was like wtf I thought shit’s supposed to get better after stopping. But I’m on day 79 and u know what, I’ve had hours (not full days yet lol) that I don’t think abt them.  So to me that’s progress, and I’m almost thinking like ok what’s 3 months have for me? 5 months?  To see if I’ll actually not think of smoking, bc damn I still do. I smelled someone smoking a cig yest at the shop and I’m sorry but it smelled good lol. But I just enjoyed smelling that I didn’t feel the agonizing need to go buy them. Idk. You got this girl I believe in u ❤️

Love that answer - I know what you mean about the smell - so disgusting yet so nice at the same time!

I have so not got this yet - but I am reading and cheering you all and hoping to cling onto your journey and energy and somehow make it through.

my chest is bad so I think I’m literally at the point where I physically can’t smoke - what other options do I have but to carry on? Bummer

• Like 7

Once upon a time @jillar said something I will never forget… she said, “I love the smell of my shampoo but that doesn’t mean I’m going to drink it. Part of me can love the smell of tobacco but that doesn’t mean I am going to smoke it.” That really helped me!

Glad to have you back, @Slow progress. You CAN do this. Everyone has different styles… sleeping a lot, exercising, snacking, shouting, crying. I did all of the above, I became sort of a ninja of self distraction. (Cleaned house a lot, LOL.) Whatever it takes to not light up today! Take it one day at a time, learn all you can about addiction (like @Brioski said), and lean on your support here. Your freedom is worth the fight!

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 7

Yay to day 3 @Slow progress, you're doing great! Have you looked into creating a ticker for your signature? Its a great way to watch the time, money and cigarettes NOT smoked add up. Super inspirational and something I loved logging on and looking at each day 😊

@Brioski, I'm so happy to see you're starting to have hours of not thinking about smoking. Be sure to write about that on your Update thread so when you go back and read it you'll see how you've progressed 😊

Thanks for the shout out @DenaliBlues, I'm glad that helped you😊

• Like 5

Day 3..the day all nicotine has left your body ..i can still remember how good this made me feel ..and proud of myself ...all you have to do is dont put any back ..so stay strong.

B...your post made me smile ..

The spaces get bigger  and bigger .

Well done quitters .🐸

• Like 5

Walked the dog on 2 long walks today and was loads easier than even a week ago- despite that, I am really craving a cigarette - I can almost taste it! Won’t have one as I don’t have a spare 70k, but god I do miss them just now. Gonna walk for 10 minutes then make dinner

• Like 7

Awesome SP!!! ❤️ Yes when the cravings are there they. are. right. there. Lol and it doesn’t seem like they’ll end but they do after some time. It really helps me to keep reading abt this addiction, even if you don’t know how to feel or what to think. I’m super proud of u bc these days are hard. 

• Like 4

Hey @Slow progress nice to meet you and so glad to see you keeping trying! Im around smokers also, but not daily.  My husband smokes when he drinks, which is usually just a Saturday, and my FIL visits once a week, hes a chain smoker.  At the beginning it was a bit of a trigger but im telling you, it very quickly becomes so offputting, the smell!!  I have to fumigate my house after FIL leaves hahaha. And as for a smokey breath kiss, no thanks, so there is no winching on a Saturday night in my household 🙂 Wishing you all the very best, and great to see you in the daily nope thread, i find that very helpful for setting me up for the day!

What does winching mean in Scotland?

The Scottish Dictionary defines the word winch as a verb meaning "to court or date". In real life Glasgow patter it can mean so much else. There can be very few Glaswegians who haven't had a winch - a kiss or a snog - on the way home from the dancing

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Brioski said:

Awesome SP!!! ❤️ Yes when the cravings are there they. are. right. there. Lol and it doesn’t seem like they’ll end but they do after some time. It really helps me to keep reading abt this addiction, even if you don’t know how to feel or what to think. I’m super proud of u bc these days are hard. 

Thanks brioski. You are so nearly at 3 months and right now I can’t imagine ever being there! I have however made it to day 4 - who would’ve thought it?  Love being smoke free- still miss smoking - off to sign up to nope

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WeegieWoman said:

Hey @Slow progress nice to meet you and so glad to see you keeping trying! Im around smokers also, but not daily.  My husband smokes when he drinks, which is usually just a Saturday, and my FIL visits once a week, hes a chain smoker.  At the beginning it was a bit of a trigger but im telling you, it very quickly becomes so offputting, the smell!!  I have to fumigate my house after FIL leaves hahaha. And as for a smokey breath kiss, no thanks, so there is no winching on a Saturday night in my household 🙂 Wishing you all the very best, and great to see you in the daily nope thread, i find that very helpful for setting me up for the day!

What does winching mean in Scotland?

The Scottish Dictionary defines the word winch as a verb meaning "to court or date". In real life Glasgow patter it can mean so much else. There can be very few Glaswegians who haven't had a winch - a kiss or a snog - on the way home from the dancing

Thanks weegiewoman. Yesterday when I was craving I actually smelled my hubbies ashtray- that was enough to kill the crave! The hard part is knowing there are cigarettes around - that’s why I do the nope - feel like I can’t break it when I feel weak(usually later on in the day). Anyway hi from ‘new scotland’

• Like 4

Keep up the good work, @Slow progress! The first few days are the hardest. I celebrated 2 years yesterday. That’s hard to believe. I had a chest x-ray recently, and the results were pretty normal, except my lungs were “slightly hyper inflated”. I asked my doctor what that meant. He said it means I have mild COPD. I wonder how that happened…..😊 Knowing that,  just reinforces my commitment to keep my quit intact. Staying close to this group has been very instrumental in my success so far, so stick around.

Kat

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

Thanks overcome and Katgirl

unfortunately still a slave to nicotine as doing the patches!  Glad I came on here - just got back from playing golf-a happy smoky place normally and am feeling really desperate for a cigarette. Saw your messages so will hold off and go water the plants instead x so thankyou both for the distraction. 

day 4 is thankfully almost over! Hallelujah

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 2

The magic happens at different times for different folks..i can promise you ,if you keep your precious quit it will definitely happen .

Try turning all your negative thoughts into positive ones ..

What your achieving is flippin marvelous ..

Be patient your poor body has decades of abuse to mend ..your early in your quit ..give yourself some slack..your doing amazin

Here is  a pat on the back 

200w.gif

• Like 4

@Slow progress, @Doreensfree is right, give yourself a break and try to keep reminding yourself that these crappy days won't last forever as long as you go through them. Four days, while awesome, is such a small amount of time when you consider how long you smoked. That's a lot of triggers to get through.

Luckily as you progress through your quit the triggers get easier to get past so just keep hanging in there Because it will happen to you too ☺ 

Btw, very nice ticker ☺ 

• Like 4

I totally get you SP!! The whole waiting to go to bed, watching the hours go by, wondering why go through life without any enjoyment…both times I quit I’m like wtf what the heck is there to life now, not happy, etc. it totally does get better. Life does get back to some points of normal and just keeps improving I’m guessing lol. You don’t believe it or think it will but it does.  I was crying my eyes out, guttural sobbing on day 20-something…by day 31ish things were better.  Almost four days go girl!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brioski said:

I totally get you SP!! The whole waiting to go to bed, watching the hours go by, wondering why go through life without any enjoyment…both times I quit I’m like wtf what the heck is there to life now, not happy, etc. it totally does get better. Life does get back to some points of normal and just keeps improving I’m guessing lol. You don’t believe it or think it will but it does.  I was crying my eyes out, guttural sobbing on day 20-something…by day 31ish things were better.  Almost four days go girl!

Omg im glad you went through the same but day 20? Omg I won’t make it! 4 days is so little but also so big- I struggled today but I stuck with it. I need some serious help to make it to day20.  Need to change it up a bit tomorrow I think. Blows my mind that I haven’t smoked 100 cigarettes in 4 days! That’s really a lot!

Edited by Slow progress
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

The magic happens at different times for different folks..i can promise you ,if you keep your precious quit it will definitely happen .

Try turning all your negative thoughts into positive ones ..

What your achieving is flippin marvelous ..

Be patient your poor body has decades of abuse to mend ..your early in your quit ..give yourself some slack..your doing amazin

Here is  a pat on the back 

200w.gif

I love that - turning all your negative thoughts into positive thoughts!

today I am still a non-smoker - how great is that?

• Like 3