Hi Kerry 😁

Doreensfree

Hi Doreensfree

I'm doing great I've now done 32 days I can't believe I'm still not vaping still chewing my gum and have bought the 2mg gum for when I've finished my next strip of 4mg 

Hubby and my one son are vaping away still and it doesn't bother me I actually am enjoying the smell from it .

Into month 2 now and hoping I can continue to be strong I'm still getting moments where I think I could murder a vape but the gum is helping and stopping me .

• Like 6

Thank you @jillar sometimes i feel like a fake as I still need nicotine gum but don't intend to be on it for longer than necessary. I do not want to stop one bad habit and replace with another bad habit . So fingers crossed I can wean of the gum and onto just normal no nicotine gum .

• Like 4

Don't feel that way @Kerry, there's no wrong way to quit our addiction so long as you have an exit plan to be off the nicotine gum, you're fine :) Lot's of members here have quit the same way, so no shame in that game :) 

• Like 4

Hey @Kerry Nice to meet you! Im a fellow NRT user, but I use the patches!  I have used the gum in previous quits, its funny how you get used to the awful taste haha! I couldnt be without the patches yet, they really help.  Great work so far and see you around.  Do you do the daily nope pledge?  I find that very useful here, it just sets me up for the day, it means Not One Puff Ever.

• Like 5

Hi, @Kerry. Glad to hear you haven’t vaped in over a month, that’s wonderful! I, too, used NRT to support the early days of my quit. IMHO, anything that gets you to quit and stay quit is a good thing. Everybody is different, but for me the worst murder-craves subsided after I ended the NRT. It gets better! Hope your step-down to 2 mg goes well. Keep us posted and stay strong on that road to ultimate nicotine freedom.

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 4

You are doing great, Kerry!  It can be a slow process but leaving the vapes behind for 32 days is awesome.  At some point you can work on leaving the gum but until then, stick with what you are doing.  Getting the vapes out of your life is a great thing.

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

• Like 2

Thank you everyone 

It's lovely to have all the support and encouragement 🙂 luckily have a few days off work and have now finished my 4mg gum so onto the 2mg fingers crossed I can drop down and not be to unbearable to live with . 

• Like 2