quit thoughts

darcy

Welcome back, @darcy. Congrats on your first 24 hours. So great that you’re back on track.

Totally agree with @jillar that your sense of what’s possible hasn’t gotten a fair shot yet. THIS can be the quit where you give yourself that chance.

My Addict Mind pulled all kinds of fatalistic crap on me for the first 3-4 months… about my being destined to fail, destined to be unhappy, not having the capacity to ever feel well, having smoked for so long that quitting no longer matters, etc. It threw the kitchen sink at me, trying to rationalize why it was ok to revert to smoking again. It was nonsense, of course. “Through a mirror darkly.” I recognize that now. You’ll get there too. Your life has circled around this addiction for a long time, but you CAN break free.

You made a great start on that today. Well done. 

• Like 2

Welcome back Darcy, I am so glad that you are still trying to kick that nasty addiction to the curb. I know it's hard giving up a trusted crutch that's always there when times get tough. The path to addiction and smoke free is not easy but 100 % doable. The decision to quit and stick with it is something only you can decide on. So, look deep inside yourself and weigh the pros and cons of being a smoker. I have a ton of faith that you can quit as long as you put your mind to it. Above all else, you must truly believe in yourself as being stronger than the addiction. We will always be here to help and support you no matter how many times you stumble along the way.

• Like 3

lost my seat.

Just letting you all know.

plan to keep trying.

I don't feel like like I can accept the support if I am hokey pokey,

will lurk about and cheer you all on .

Best wishes.

I do hope to be here contributing and an exsmoker sooner than later.

• Sad 6

Darcy what changed between this post and the one below it just three hours later? If you're giving in that easily than you'll never succeed. It sounds mean but it's the truth. You have to commit to the quit if you really want it............

On 4/18/2023 at 11:53 AM, darcy said:

still seated.

much to say.  hopefully I'll be able to log on and type later. 

thanks for your support.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:55 PM, darcy said:

lost my seat.

Just letting you all know.

plan to keep trying.

I don't feel like like I can accept the support if I am hokey pokey,

will lurk about and cheer you all on .

Best wishes.

I do hope to be here contributing and an exsmoker sooner than later.

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Darcy I’m new.

live tried and failed so many times to quit cigarettes - the only thing I’m good at is making sure that every Monday that comes around, I try to quit again! It soon gets very boring going through day 1 a million times….

im now on day 9 - furthest I’ve got for years. Please don’t give up giving up - if I can make it to day 9 anybody can. 
the only thing I’m completely clear on is that I will not smoke a cigarette today - I didn’t get the nope at first but I get it now - I sign up and then no matter how bad things are - I cannot smoke that day (I’m usually strongest in the morning). Hope to see you back here doing great x

• Like 5

the only thing I’m completely clear on is that I will not smoke a cigarette today - I didn’t get the nope at first but I get it now - I sign up and then no matter how bad things are - I cannot smoke that day

I bet you thought quitting was really hard, nearly impossible.  Yet here you have simplified it to its purest essence and it's not too complicated.  You will have challenges as time goes on, we all do, but if you hold this close, you will put smoking behind you.  Keep going, you're doing great.

• Like 4