quit thoughts

darcy

Your doing great Darcey...and exactly where your meant to be ....

Be kind to yourself ....your body is going through some tough changes ...

You have been putting in hundreds of poisons so many times a day ...

Everything you are going through is Temporary....Think of it as a healing process and feel grateful....🐸

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 3

Still on board.  Got up this morning and did normal morning things without dithering about.  Progress, very grateful.

Been really avoiding ANYTHING that might allow me to throw my quit away in a snit of uncomfortable emotions.  Will eventually NEED to leave the house.  Swimming is what keeps me sane, and I still don't trust myself to leave home, so I am NOT doing the thing that really helps me mentally.

The merry go round mind is  troublesome and my lack of faith in my ability to remain quit.   I keep telling myself things like.... if  make it to my birthday at least I'll have been free for that milestone, or If I get 5 or 6 years out of this quit, it'll be good.  

I want to believe this quit will stick.  Not sure how to just believe that.

What I do know is that this minute , day and yesterday were smoke free.

I know I DO WANT to be smoke free.

I do know I have commit to nope before and then been unwilling/unable to uphold that promise.

thanks for being here everyone.

• Like 3

You keep having these conversations with yourself. You keep posting and you keep reading. When you do have the strength to get out let it be to the pool but, take a different route if at all possible. It’s too easy to find that you’ve mindlessly or purposely pulled up at the very place you used to run into to grab your next pack of slow death. You are doing great. I look forward to a post one day about how much quitting smoking has affected your swimming. How much stronger you feel and how much your endurance levels have increased. It will happen. 
Kitten Inspiration GIF

• Like 5

The train ride is smooth sailing today.

Remembered to do a stretch, chi gong, movement activity this morning with a TV person I like. Grateful to have had movement to begin my day.

Venturing out today. Swim gear in tow. Husband going along, too.

Carried a small bench up the three flights of stairs in my home today.  Panting and heaving at top floor. Yay! for freedom. Looking forward to doing the stairs with ease of breath.

Gus, thanks for the kitty animation....it made me laugh aloud and smile genuinely.

Thanks for the folks who ride the train and support each other.  It is comforting to have people who have walked similar paths and found their way....yet all different paths and journeys, too.   Any way, not alone.

• Like 3

Yaaa Darcey ...

I too do Chi Gong every morning ...I found it at the beginning of my quit ...It's a great way to start you day ...

Sounds like your hubby is a good support ...

Swimming is also a great ....your body is going to be very grateful....🐸

youre-doing-a-great-job-great.gif

• Like 2

Rolling along the tracks....

Preparing to return to work next week. Lots to sort through and put away in the house, as I've just let things fester so as not to derail my limited ability to handle frustration in this last week.

Yesterday was the day of the most "cigarette time" thoughts and urges (as it was the most like a normal routine day) I've had since regaining my FREEDOM. Only nearly melted down once or twice, the rest of the times I just reminded myself aloud that I don't smoke and moved on with whatever I was doing. Grateful to be able to keep doing things and not feel like stopping, sleeping or crying was the kindest option for myself in the moment.

Was super grateful to swim a mile yesterday. My body was happy. Going again today.

Be kind to those who seem difficult...maybe they are fighting themselves most of all.

Edited by darcy
  • Like 6

You're doing so well Darcy 😊 I just wanted to remind you about our SOS board. Come on here and post you're struggling so we can help you off the ledge. It works if you really want to save your quit 😊

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

Hey Darcy! I don't come here much anymore after losing access to my account more times than I can count haha but really good to see you got right back on your quit after falling off. Great job, and keep up the awesome work minute by minute! 

Most of us relapse at least once when quitting. Never beat yourself up for relapsing, just analyze why it happened and get a strategy to prevent that type of 'reason' from 'relapsing you' again. One day you will have put all the 'reasons' to bed and be done with relapsing for good, and that day may already be upon you!  Woohoo!

Believe that you are stronger than the addiction, because you truly are!  Keep winning every battle to steadily build up your confidence, and watch the days, weeks and months worth of breath and money saved just keep piling up!  Congrats, Darcy, on getting right back on the horse and knowing that you will prevail! 

• Like 5

Have been busy busy getting ready for returning to work. I was off due to a family event in early December.

Today, I am having more desire to smoke than I have since I quit.  Likely due to the Saturday morning cleaning routine. I used to have between tasks smoke breaks. I am only half way through the cleaning (after being up 4 hours! - usually done in around 2 hours) and melting down.  Took a QT break and here I am. Don't seem to be finding relief yet, nor are my floors getting any nearer to being livable...LOL.

Preserving my quit is my priority for awhile and I am gifted (?) with many opportunities to do what I need to in any moment to stay smoke free.  Still concerned about being out in regular event life and handling being frustrated. Jillar, thanks for the S.O.S. reminder. Need to figure out how to get on QT from my phone.

I am wondering how more people aren't aware or interested in the support offered here for quitting.  Surprised that more folks haven't been here since the start of the year.  Hoping the nicotine addicted find their ways to BEing FREE sooner than later.   Thanks to all the QT people for all you offer, for showing up and for sharing the information, humor and many many many ways  to BE FREE.

tenor.gif?itemid=14415495&ehk=Evm47VspzR

• Like 6

Sorry you're having a hard day @darcy, unfortunately it's to be expected at this stage of your quit. It will get better though with each day and each trigger you get past. It was promised to me and I'm promising it to you :) 

About getting on with your smartphone, I just got my first smartphone last year and found that all I had to do was go to QT and in the settings of my browser there is an option to add to my home screen, now I have a pretty QT icon that gets me one click to get here :) 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 4

I can relate to your association between housework / house projects and smoking, @darcy. I always used smoke breaks to punctuate projects, take breaks when I was frustrated, and celebrate tough jobs completed. It took a while to find different rhythms and rituals. Diet root beer on ice is my latest "tough task completed" or "annoyed with somebody/something at work" tool. You will find your own. As you head back to work, definitely have a number of things in your Quit Kit, since work often presents a lot of triggers. There will be tough days - it's not a linear process. But the gifts of quitting start to add up pretty fast (including the pride in earning your freedom). You CAN do this.  

freedom4.gif

• Like 4

Hello QT Folks,

I am still here. Free from nicotine slavery.

Could be more graceful and eloquent and pulled together, but hey, where's the fun in that? 

I am struggling everyday and making different crappy choices, and still grateful to be free of nicotine.

Hopeful that things will level out and I will find my groove of feeling like me again. As it stands right now....I feel semi sick lots, low energy, eating way too much , not swimming anywhere near enough and enjoying the return of circulation, realizing and saying aloud I do not smoke whenever the urge comes up.

I am being extra kid gloveish with myself when I am tired or grumpy.....I just stop.....often eat something....maybe just sit and breathe. 

Jillar's air cigarette seems especially useful when I am beyond my energy limit for the day and still need to get home before feeling "safe" from buying cigarettes.

Have had a dental opportunity come up and am negotiating that delightful foray into the world of medical professionals.  Really hoping I find the RIGHT dental care provider. 

Love the ones you're with and the ones who are far way as best you can.....today is all we ever have.

• Like 6