Struggling

Linda

Had a bad night nd this AM too!

I have not smoked, but I want to!!!

Why is it when something bad happen

the first thing I want to do??? My mind 

knows it will not change a thing, but at the same time tell myself 

I don't care. Just want to give in because it feels like it will never change!!

My rant for the day. The strength is not there and it really pisses me off!!!!

• Like 3

I'm really sorry you're going through a rough patch, @Linda. Nicotine addiction surely did a number on us, didn't it!? Good job posting here instead of picking up the smokes. You're 100% right that smoking won't change a thing - it won't make us feel better or fix any problems. You've gotten through hard times before - you know how to distract yourself, to ride the wave of the craving until it eases. And it WILL ease. Cravings are not commands, they are just stupid commercials for something you don't need to buy , a foul ball you don't need to swing at. Let them sail by, and take good care of yourself. You can do this!

gnomeheart.gif

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry you're going through a rough patch, and just like the others this too shall pass. You got this girl! Use all your tools and try all the tricks to help you past them. Do something or go somewhere that you never smoked at. I never smoked in my car so I would take a drive and pretty instantly forget about smoking.

Great job using the SOS 🤗

• Like 3

I'm sorry you had a rough patch. You need to have faith. You also need to realize you are stronger than the addiction . I am proud of you for posting your SOS. Plus, knowing you are having a hard time and posting it proves to me you are definitely stronger than the addiction. Believe in yourself always.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hang in there, Linda!  Protect your quit like your life depends on it.  When everything around you is going to heck, it's one good thing you've got, right? Another challenge come to try and take your quit away from you. Stay strong and hold on tight to your quit!  Hope the rough waters settle down for you soon.   

• Like 6

@LindaWe both know what is going on!  We are struggling with pain that has nothing to do with smoking, so smoking won't fix it.  I am trying to power through, you gave so much inspiration to me in the beginning of my quit.  Would I have made it this far without you and everyone else here.  NO WAY, keep your quit, hold on to your power, share it with others!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

How are you doing, feeling better or still in the struggle battle, remember you are not alone, I am still doing it everyday. We can get through it together!! Please start posting you positive thoughts again.  We are sure to have many new members that would benefit.  Even after all this time, I would appreciate it.  I need all the help I can get.  Best Wishes!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kris said:

How are you doing, feeling better or still in the struggle battle, remember you are not alone, I am still doing it everyday. We can get through it together!! Please start posting you positive thoughts again.  We are sure to have many new members that would benefit.  Even after all this time, I would appreciate it.  I need all the help I can get.  Best Wishes!!

@KrisGood to hear  from you. Thank you for asking. I am still struggling ,I have not had  a good time 

lately. To much going on. Trying to get that positivity back but its not happening right now. Best wishes to

you too. One day at a time.

• Like 1

Stay positive Linda. Give yourself some special pampering and treat yourself, you deserve it. Fighting this battle deserves some good rewards.

self harm never wins the day, keep fighting and putting yourself first.

Thinking of you and hope life gets better for you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1