Rough day

Linda

Sorry things are tough for you right now @Linda hope it will get better.

I just finished Allen Carr's book The Easy Way, been reading a little here and there.

While I was confident in (the fight) my quit early on, it really helped me make sense some things. 

Hang in there! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Do you really want to go back to all the bad stuff that comes with smoking ...

Besides the nasty killer illnesses....all that miserable stuff that goes with this addiction ...

Fight Linda ....take it one minute at time if you have too.....

We are all rooting for you ...🐸

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Linda

punch the wall , scream and shout,  cry, have a shower, go to bed or for a walk!

ANYTHING…. BUT DO NOT SMOKE!
it solves nothing, and  will spiral you into a depression that you will most definately want to claw your way out of again.

you are doing so well, bad days will always happen as a smoker or not.

Dig deep and find that positivity and determination to hang on to your great quit.

I am sending you positive vibes ☺️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Linda said:

Having a bit of a struggle the last couple days!!

I know if I give in I will not try again. This group

has been so great, but my tools I have learned

just aren't working. Thanks for listening to my

many rants.

i am so sorry to hear you are struggling Linda.  Sometimes we all just need to vent, so vent.  get it out of your system.  we understand it. you understand it.  anyway you overcome the urge is the right way.  sending some positive energy your way.

• Like 3

I hate that you had some bad days Linda, but thankful that you’ve made it through without lighting up. You are a very tenacious fighter. You always get back up. While I’ve seen so many others just give up and disappear, you are still here. Holding on and fighting for your very life like no other. Please don’t give in. You CAN do this. You’ve been doing it everyday. Even when you slipped. There is someone inside of you that desperately wants to live free and unchained. Set her free. 🤗

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well if nothing else is of help I would recommend...

helping others.  

By focusing attention on the needs of others you no longer focus on your own situation.

Prayer can also work if you have a spiritual bent and can be combined with many chores (dish washing, vacuuming, etc.) that you could do

in your effort to help others.

I recommend the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.  It makes a good mantra as well.

https://www.cathedralstm.org/about-our-catholic-faith/expressing-our-faith/treasury-catholic-prayers/prayer-st-francis-assisi-prayer-peace/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1