Today's the day

SavingMeFromMe

Good morning all, 

So today is the day. I've been on Chantix a while now and its kicking in. I've had several good quits (a year +) but the Just One Monster gets me eventually. Dealing with it is going to be harder than the actual initial quit.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, SavingMeFromMyself said:

Thanks Weegie! How u feeling?

Yeah im feeling good, i felt really anxious the first few days but that seem to have went away.  The only bad thing about that is i was so anxious I wasnt eating much, but now that has subsided im now HUNGRY HUNGRY HUNGRY!!!  But I found a bag of roasted and salted pumpkin seeds!  Ive never had them before, they are really scrumptious, i cant stop eating them! What about yourself, how are you getting on?

• Like 2

Welcome aboard SaveMefromMe, this is the place to be for support when you finally decide to kick the addiction. There are videos to watch and forums to read. Relax and grab a seat. Believe in yourself because you can do this. You are stronger than the addiction. You deserve to live a happier and healthier life.

• Like 4

Hi, @SavingMeFromMe! It’s great to meet you, and congrats on making the decision to quit. This Train - the knowledge shared, the great people - has helped a lot of people - me included! - to fend off Stinkin Thinkin. (The “just one won’t hurt” fallacy being a great example.) Stay busy, read all you can, join us in the daily NOPE pledges, and share often. Looking forward to seeing you around! 

IMG_7006.GIF

• Like 5

Welcome aboard @SavingMeFromMe.... Congratulations in taking your life back ...

Check out the posts pinned with green on the Main Smoking Discussion Board ...

It is full of useful tips to get you going ..also watch Joel's video,s....they will cover most of your concerns.

Stay close ...we are here to help you along on your wonderful journey to Freedom 🐸

• Like 4

Welcome aboard the Quit Train SavingMeFromMe.

Many of us had to back up and take another run at it before we really stuck the quit.  I was one of those people.  Finding this site made an incredible difference in making my last quit my last quit.

You are in the right place.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 5

Welcome aboard @SavingMeFromMe! I’m glad that you have joined us. I personally would not have succeeded in my quit without the train! I’ll be quit for 2 years in March! 🙌 Even today I come here for inspiration and affirmation for my quit. Read everything and post, post, post about your quit. Use the 🆘 if needed and we will help you defeat that Just One Monster! 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

Yeah im feeling good, i felt really anxious the first few days but that seem to have went away.  The only bad thing about that is i was so anxious I wasnt eating much, but now that has subsided im now HUNGRY HUNGRY HUNGRY!!!  But I found a bag of roasted and salted pumpkin seeds!  Ive never had them before, they are really scrumptious, i cant stop eating them! What about yourself, how are you getting on?

Im not much for pumpkin seeds but, oh man, sunflower seeds 😋🤤

Yesterday went great! I’m on Chantix plus it was a long busy day at work so I barely thought about it. I had a few cravings when I woke up, but I’m already hacking up some gunk and when I think about the stink of cigs, I get past the craving. Hope you’re doing well. Where do you live? Are you in England by any chance?

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, SavingMeFromMyself said:

Im not much for pumpkin seeds but, oh man, sunflower seeds 😋🤤

Yesterday went great! I’m on Chantix plus it was a long busy day at work so I barely thought about it. I had a few cravings when I woke up, but I’m already hacking up some gunk and when I think about the stink of cigs, I get past the craving. Hope you’re doing well. Where do you live? Are you in England by any chance?

'Weegie is a slang term referring to people from Glasgow in Scotland, which is used as a noun or adjective. It is a contraction of the word Glaswegian, referring to people from Glasgow'.

Im in bonnie Scotland! Glad your first day went well, and good you were kept busy.  When I have a wee craving, i just say to myself 'i dont smoke' and goes away!  Im sure we all have wee things we say to ourself.  Delighted to see you and hear you are doing good, where abouts are you?

• Like 3