SOS

Breath-of-Power

So cold turkey and day one without puffs. I am going Loco!! About to go to a job interview and going through a swirl of emotions, shaking a little bit, questioning hard myself! SOS it is! Really putting myself out there, I am. Questioning if I'm doing it right! Thinking I can't do it. Why oh why am I doing this?! 

• Like 3

Good job posting here for support @Pedro! It is natural for the first few days to be difficult. Your body is addicted to nicotine and is going through physical and psychological withdrawal. It helped me to stay busy - do lots of physical tasks (pushups, walking and chores). Snack often - stay hydrated and keep your blood sugar up. And stay educated. Our addicted brains will tell us that we need to smoke or will minimize the harm of smoking. Don’t listen! Fight back by remembering the facts: 

You are in the right place to regain your freedom. The cravings will ease in time. You can do this!!

• Like 5

@Pedro what @DenaliBlues said is spot on.

I took a week off of work to fight through the early withdrawals.  

Eat/snack often and drink juice, your blood sugar will be disrupted for a little while. 

After the first 3 days all the nicotine is gone from your body and the physical withdrawals are over. 

Quitting is doable and worth it. 

Edited by overcome
  • Like 3

You are doing this to better your life, it takes time to get there.

This is a nasty addiction.

The timing doesn't feel right? It may never feel right....we are addicts and that junkie has a loud voice in our brain.

Educating yourself by reading here will help you to rewire your brain. So much great info here!

Commit to your quit...take smoking off the table.

Post often. We understand. You can do it.

• Like 5

Than guys special thank you for the one member @DenaliBlueswho suggest I do chores and physical exercise. I am more anxious if I'm in a still position like watching TV. A little trouble with finding ease of breath when sitted.

I'll check the links late on, now I got to move(???) 

• Like 3

Sorry I'm late ...

Pedro...The first days are hard ...but every time you fight and win your battles ..your nearer to winning your war.

There is loads of great posts to help you ..check out the green pinned posts on the Main Smoking Board..

Stay close to the board ...post a SOS as often as you need ...I've seen alot of quits saved this way ...🐸

• Like 3

Welcome @Pedro

Lots of good advice already given.  I just wanted to say that you are making a great decision in quitting smoking.

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

Questioning if I'm doing it right! Thinking I can't do it. Why oh why am I doing this?! 

Are you doing it right?  Well, as long as you don't puff on a cigarette, you are.  I know that sounds very scary in the beginning but it is that simple.   NOPE - Not One Puff Ever or NTAP - Never Take Another Puff.  Don't think of it as ever, early on, just fight through the early tough times and promise yourself that you will not smoke and focus on getting through the early struggles smoke free.  Each time you overcome tough craves or struggles, your quit goes stronger.

Why are you doing this?  With time, you will be a much healthier and stronger person leaving the smokes behind.  There are tons of great reasons to quit smoking (they are posted all over this site) but no good reason to keep smoking....all you do by continuing to smoke is to continue to feed an addiction that will only kill you. 

You did a great thing in posting an SOS.  Hopefully the responses you got will help you stay smoke free.  Always feel free to reach out if you are struggling.  With time, things do get better and you are doing a great thing in quitting smoking. 

Welcome to the site.  It is good to have you here.

• Like 4