Amy are you reading?

Susana

I just wanted you to know that we are here when you are ready.

Please do not be afraid to post even if you are not yet quit. It may help you get ready to take the jump.

I did it. And it worked for me.

It may just work for you.

Looking forward to having you back on board!

:give_heart:

• Like 7

Hi,

Past few days at work have been crazy- I haven't had a minute to sign on.  Today is a slow day.  I am here.

Reading.. waiting not sure why I am waiting.  Still have bad smokers cough in the morning it really sucks

Smoke like a freaking chimney I disappoint myself.

• Like 1

That was me a month ago.

I started getting through 2 packs if I started in the morning, went to work and then went out at night.

Then the morning after I would feel really sick, smelly, hungover, and fed up with it.

So I started getting ready.

- Mindful smoking: I didn´t just smoke for the sake of smoking. I would taste it, feel the smoke going down my throat, feel it coming out of my nose (yes, on purpose). Smell it. Smell my hands. Sense how I felt physically and mentally.

- I read Allen Carr´s book for the n´th time. Believing it. Letting it convince me. Letting it in.

- I read all the Newbie pack here. Some new posts that I had missed (like Babs´ "Excuses"). I read this forum, and any other forum I knew of.

- For about one week I would read positive posts, celebrations, social interaction (people who are in the same boat chasing the same dream and having a good time whilst at it). I wanted to WANT to quit.

- I remembered how good it felt to be part of that boat.

- I set a quit date, because otherwise I would procrastinate and never quit (again, Babs´s "Excuses" hit me on the head)

- I finally signed and posted one week before my quit date.  However I didn´t allow myself to post in "social" until I was quit. If I wanted fun I would have to earn it. Ha.

And a couple of days before my quit date I felt ready, and quit. And the rest if history.

It is just how I did it. I was terrified of jumping, terrified of failing, and this "focusing on the positive" seems to have worked for me.

Are you putting a plan together? Maybe we can help you from here?

Just don´t give up giving up, huh?

• Like 4

I decided to quit on a Thursday. Smoked almost 4 packs that day. The whole day thinking how I will quit at noon, I'll quit at 1:00. I'll finish this pack, ok, I can't do it now....it's the middle of the day. I'll quit when I get home. Ok, I'm home, I'll smoke my last one tonight. Now my date moved to Friday. And then I woke up and still had 7 remaining in my pack. Ok, I'll smoke these (don't want to be wasteful). And then I ran out at 11:50. On Friday.

I had to make a decision. And I did.

It's scary Amy. I'm not gonna lie to you. I didn't think I was ready. Not sure I even think I was now. But what's the worst that can happen by stopping now ? The earth is not gonna go off its axis. The sun isn't gonna fall short of rising the next morning. I'm just gonna be a cranky weirded out bitch for the next few days. I've been that before !!!! I can be that again until I get it worked out.

That's where we come in. You can say ANYTHING you want to us. We will still be here supporting you.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just wanted you to know that we are here when you are ready.

Please do not be afraid to post even if you are not yet quit. It may help you get ready to take the jump.

I did it. And it worked for me.

It may just work for you.

Looking forward to having you back on board!

Okay- so it has been a long time for me- I have not quit nor picked a quit date.  I did make a choice however to get an electronic cigarette- I know it is still nicotine but I am hoping if I can wean myself off the cigarettes with the electronic cigarette that eventually I can do without either. I am going this Thursday after work my god daughter is going to meet me since she is an expert on the electronic cigarette.  Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Okay- so it has been a long time for me- I have not quit nor picked a quit date.  I did make a choice however to get an electronic cigarette- I know it is still nicotine but I am hoping if I can wean myself off the cigarettes with the electronic cigarette that eventually I can do without either. I am going this Thursday after work my god daughter is going to meet me since she is an expert on the electronic cigarette.  Wish me luck!

• Like 7

So happy to see you post and that you have taken a step in the quitting process.  Like Chrispy said, you don't need luck.  Set your mind and do it!  

• Like 2