Paul723 Keeps His Name & Celebrates 1 Year Smober!!

MarylandQuitter

Way to go Paul, congratulations!!!

You are such a great person, and we really are lucky to have you with us, helping to guide us on our journeys!

Are you doing anything nice to celebrate?!

• Like 1

So happy for you, Paul!!  One year down with kindness and style.  Oh, and now you and Colleen are on the same side in one counting game!!  To celebrate, we have fireworks

CE-j0410083.jpg

Champagne!

url.gif

A buffet!

800px-Cocktail_buffet.jpg

and, of course, Cake!!

IMG_0037.jpgcake-buffet-with-various-cakes-1da910.jp

Enjoy!  You earned it!!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Lido Deck!!!  We saved a chair for you by the pool and another at the Quit Train table.   You get to sit at the head of the table to enjoy your special day!

Seriously, Congratulations!  You are a sweet and supportive.  Always kind words from you!  Do something nice for yourself today.   :)

• Like 1

Awh Paulyyyy paulyyyyy only delighted for ya, 1 year holy crapppp thats some achievement, soo happy to be on this journey with you.

You are such an important part of this place and always ready to give a helping hand, go celebrate big style, go mad this week and be selfish, do whatever you fancy doing.

I bet your pal is looking down sooo proud and partying for you,

Great stuff

Massive congratulations xxx

• Like 2

Thank you one and all! Everyone can give themselves a pat on the back for helping me quit and change my life for the better! I hope everyone can break free from smoking and regain their health and life.

I have never described the beginning of my quit since I didn’t find the forum until I was quit for about a week and because I didn’t want it to seem like a plea for sympathy. On July 22 just before midnight I put out my last cigarette and threw the remaining ones in the trash. On July 23 at 5 o’clock in the morning my mother-in-law passed away. She was a beautiful woman and had her faculties even at 94 years. When I would push her wheelchair from bingo back to her room, I’d ask, “Stairs or the elevator?” and she always said elevator.

So I quit on a day of sorrow but I never connected quitting with what was happening in my life, they were different things. Stress and grief were going to happen in my life whether I smoked or not. Smoking would not make it better, only worse.

Smokers will lie to themselves and say that they will wait for a good time to quit. The good time to quit is right now, yesterday was a better time to quit, and a year ago was really good for me.

I'll make dinner on Saturday to celebrate!

• Like 4