I did it

11better11

I do remember seeing a few posts by you. I'm glad not only that you're still quit but that you're also 'happy' about it. That's really important, a positive attitude! Stick around if you're so inclined or at least check in when you need to. Lots of knowledge & support here and it's all free 🙂

• Like 8

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

I do remember seeing a few posts by you. I'm glad not only that you're still quit but that you're also 'happy' about it. That's really important, a positive attitude! Stick around if you're so inclined or at least check in when you need to. Lots of knowledge & support here and it's all free 🙂

No more rank smoke stench. No more hiding. No more shame. Ofc I am happy

5 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

8 days smoke free is a huge deal.  The early days smoke free are huge accomplishments and I am glad you are happy about it @11better11

Stick around and participate when you feel you need to.  You are doing awesome!

Thank you so much!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, 11better11 said:

Thanks overcome! For your support on the last post as well. 

Consider getting a ticker going, for me it really is amazing to see how many cigs I am not smoking. Sure could have run the numbers easy enough, but it is very rewarding to view while on the train.

All the best, post early and often. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, 11better11 said:

every day is harder than the next

Yeah, first few weeks are pretty strange… Hell Week, WTF Week, Terribly Tired of Prunes Week, etc. Quitting is not linear, and sometimes the difficulties can feel random. That being said, it does get easier overall. You’ve got some hard days under your belt already. You can do it! 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, DenaliBlues said:

Yeah, first few weeks are pretty strange… Hell Week, WTF Week, Terribly Tired of Prunes Week, etc. Quitting is not linear, and sometimes the difficulties can feel random. That being said, it does get easier overall. You’ve got some hard days under your belt already. You can do it! 

Is it normal to feel "Wtf I'll just have one." ??? Because I know its so stupid and will reverse my progress but I can't stop this thought.

12 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Well done ....

We are very happy and proud for you ....

Consider coming here on a regular basis ...it really does help you along ....

Quitting with fellow quitters can be fun ..

Here is a well earned Pat On The Back 🐸

giphy-27.gif

I need this device hahaha 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, 11better11 said:

Is it normal to feel "Wtf I'll just have one."

Sadly, yes. This is normal. Nicotine addiction gets deeply embedded into our brains - it’s a chemical, psychological, emotional and ritual dependence. After 10 days you will have dealt with a lot of the chemical withdrawal part, but the other aspects of the addiction will put up a fuss for a while. Stay strong! Protect your quit. There is no such thing as “just one”… our brain chemistry’s reactions to nicotine will see to that.

It might help to re-read the “Nicodemon’s Lies” post pinned to the Quit Smoking Discussions board here on the Train. (I swear I have read it about 200 times now… repetition helps beat back the Stinkin Thinkin.) And join the crew that takes the daily NOPE pledge, it helps too!

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 6

Great job 11better11 and congratulations on taking your life back!  Keep it up and you will have a month behind you in no time! The first weeka are hard but you can do it!!!! Use the information in this board to keep you motivated. I highly recommend the Joel Spitzer videos to keep you centered on your goal. Keep up the great work!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, intoxicated yoda said:

Glad to see you made it through the first week.  sorry to be late to the party.  keep up the great work, stay close and don't put anything in your mouth and set fire to it.

Thanks yoda

Is it normal to have thoughts like "recovery is pointless just smoke one." ???

1 hour ago, Angeleek said:

Great job 11better11 and congratulations on taking your life back!  Keep it up and you will have a month behind you in no time! The first weeka are hard but you can do it!!!! Use the information in this board to keep you motivated. I highly recommend the Joel Spitzer videos to keep you centered on your goal. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Angel. Joel's vids helped me more than Allen Carr.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, intoxicated yoda said:

whenever you have a thought about smoking you have to counter it immediately.

Me too. I need to pivot away from the craving to another thought or task or physical activity ASAP. If I dwell too much on the desire to smoke I end up in a hole that’s really hard to climb out of. 

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 7