Tough

Linda

I know I can do this again,but for

some reason this time seems to be

harder than ever. Not sure why???

But I know I have to get it done this time.

Maybe the disappointment in myself for

giving up what I struggled to get.So I 

hope all the newbies can learn from my mistake!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Linda said:

I know I can do this again,but for

some reason this time seems to be

harder than ever. Not sure why??

I remember your last quit being extremely hard for you in the beginning so it's probably the same as last time but you were so far past those days you feel like it's harder. You got this Linda and now you know just how valuable all that time quit is. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m glad you are on the Train, still sharing and staying connected and staying determined, @Linda. Your voice of experience is helping me ( and others, I’m sure) fight stinkin thinkin… the illusion that smoking again will make us somehow feel better. So thanks for you.

It’s not hard because you’re weak. It’s hard because nicotine messes with our brain chemistry and is an emotional as well as physical addiction. I know that when I lost a really long quit once, my addiction came back with a fury - twice as strong as before, like it was determined to win. I let it boss me, for a very long time. But you’re standing up to it!

Sometimes I think we are meaner to ourselves than we would ever be to another human. If you were supporting a friend who had relapsed, what would you be telling her? ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You fought so hard for your quit ....you can fight again ...

Your stronger than the Nico monster ...back to basics Sweetie ...

One minute at a time if you have too...

Don't be hard on yourself ...you sat right back down in your seat on the Train ....

That takes determination....you should feel proud ....

Stay close to the board ...post away ...we will help you along the track .🐸

• Like 5

@Lindayou can do this.  you took a little vacation from your quit.  it will take you a few weeks to settle back in to the routine of doing something other than smoking.  Just like when you take a vacation from work.  it's a kind of tough to get back in the routine but after a week or two it was like you never had any time off at all.  I have faith in you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Linda said:

The train ride seems to be bumpier than 

before. I best be putting my seat belt on!!

Buckle up.  Knuckle down.  Ride on!

The bumpy rides lead to great destinations.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1