I'm on the train

20 hours ago, FunkyMonkey said:

A lot of this one today

Here's another consideration for your playlist.  

Some days you just do what has to be done...may have to do it, but I don't have to like it.

• Like 5

I'm doing well. Had a long weekend out of town and then spent yesterday sick in bed. Tested negative for COVID so I must have picked up some other 24 hour bug. It was nice to be able to go away without worrying about when/where/how often I could smoke. I always hated that dreaded first thing in the morning: leaving your hotel room, navigating through the hallways, elevators, lobby to go outside to smoke and then rinse/repeat 20 or so minutes later.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, FunkyMonkey said:

I'm doing well. Had a long weekend out of town and then spent yesterday sick in bed. Tested negative for COVID so I must have picked up some other 24 hour bug. It was nice to be able to go away without worrying about when/where/how often I could smoke. I always hated that dreaded first thing in the morning: leaving your hotel room, navigating through the hallways, elevators, lobby to go outside to smoke and then rinse/repeat 20 or so minutes later.

One of my best quit benefits too Funky!! Travelling is a lot more pleasant as a non-smoker. 

A year or so before my quit we flew to Istanbul from Toronto - 10 hrs. non-stop. Major nico-withdrawal BIG TIME! Think I almost knocked the wife over trying to get outside to have a smoke once we landed 😬 So nice to have those years in the rearview mirror now 🤗

• Like 4

On 8/17/2022 at 8:28 AM, Doreensfree said:

How's your busy week going F M....?🐸

Angry Freak Out GIF by Polyvinyl Records

It's almost the weekend! I think the biggest learning curve so far (for me) is how to be mad/annoyed/irritated/frustrated as a non-smoker.  Happy, sad, sick, tired, hungry, bored, excited - all seem fine. Still not planning to give up this quit. NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. So far no people, animals, insects, invertebrates, plants, mollusks, or other living beings have been harmed during this quit (despite my urges to the contrary) 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I had a house full of relatives with the obligatory sight seeing trips from Friday - Monday and follow up medical tests today. Found myself trying to sneak outside to smoke more than once. Instead, I just snuck outside (without lighting anything on fire) to take a quick break or two. 

Creeping Dirty Mind GIF by LarryJuneTFM

• Like 5