I'm on the train

When you finish the course of NRT...you still have to go cold turkey ....it's like taking a band aid of very slow .

Much quicker to just rip it off and get that sting over with ...

Some folks have tried sleep hypnosis on you tube ....it's just a thought ...

Me personally I rode it out ...and just excepted it was all a part of the healing process ...

One day this will be all behind you.....🐸

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

When you finish the course of NRT...you still have to go cold turkey ....it's like taking a band aid of very slow .

Much quicker to just rip it off and get that sting over with ...

Some folks have tried sleep hypnosis on you tube ....it's just a thought ...

Me personally I rode it out ...and just excepted it was all a part of the healing process ...

One day this will be all behind you.....🐸

i used sleep hypnosis, deep breathing techniques, cold showers, EFT, if it was mentioned as an aid to stay quit I used it...except for NRT.  In the end it's all just different ways to ride out the storm.  and it all works to pass time and time is what you need.  the longer you don't smoke the longer you won't smoke.

• Like 5

Still here - slept well last night. Fighting my junkie brain a bit more today. But I'm okay - I'm looking at it like when I was on a particularly long backpack  or even hard day hike. Buckle down, on step at a time.

nbc climbing GIF by 1st Look

• Like 7

Monday Kid GIF

Trying to get used to the new morning routines. Today was the first day that I got up first and had to wait for the coffee to be ready. Had a moment of panic (normally I would have smoked while waiting). Well I made it through okay. I have watched Joel's videos many times now & his voice pops into my head "...never take another puff".

The other one I keep telling myself is "craves don't kill you -cigarettes do!"

At some point I will post about what I think has helped/not helped me get through this (#1 is this forum group and all the resources here! - oops Spoiler Alert). Right now, it's easier for me to stay logged in but not post very often.

PS Isn't it crazy when you see your ticker - I have avoided (at least) 76 cigarettes which I would have smoked without even thinking about it but if seems a huge number when I see it listed like that.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, FunkyMonkey said:

PS Isn't it crazy when you see your ticker - I have avoided (at least) 76 cigarettes which I would have smoked without even thinking about it but if seems a huge number when I see it listed like that.  

Watching that "cigarettes not smoked" number in the early days helped me put my smoking in perspective.

Addiction and delusion go hand-in-hand.  When I was craving a cigarette, my reflections on cigarettes were very different from the reality.  During a crave I misremembered the smoking experience entirely.  Smoking a cigarette was not some magical experience in which the skies would part and the world fell into perfect harmony.

In reality, I smoked thousands of cigarettes without even thinking about it.  Smoke breaks were a throwaway experience that provided nothing more than a temporary fix...nothing magical or romantic about that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on making it through your first Monday, @FunkyMonkey. The "Ticker Shock" was pretty startling for me, too. It called me into reckoning with how much time and money turned to ash, and what a distorted view of smoking I had. The addiction spun a tale inside my head that smoking was gratifying, but the reality was actually quite different - just a constant miserable pursuit of the next fix. My ticker reminds me of how often I fell for the false logic, and how deep my bondage was. A good motivator to keep going. What's today? It's NOPE-day!! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Yay - it's not Monday 🥳

No matter how many times I read it or heard it from ex-smokers - I am blown away at how hungry I am. If you are reading here and planning or contemplating your quit - the hunger is real. I am not eating much more than before - but I am grazing all day. Have snacks available to graze on. Treat yourself like a toddler on a long car trip 🤣

Hungry Feed Me GIF

• Like 6

Since I work a hybrid schedule - this is my first day back in the office since quitting. Fortunately, I was not a social smoker so that's not an issue. I do enjoy my breaks so I'm going  to use our meeting room to have a snack & play some phone games. As an introvert - I really cherish that quiet time (that I used to get by going outside to smoke). Not an issue when I'm working remotely so we'll see how today goes 🙄 Whatever adjustments I need to make - it is still a NOPE day!

Rebecca Wisocky Reaction GIF by CBS

• Like 5

Yesterday was tough so I'm trying to stay in my happy place at work today. Headphone's on and listening to a combination of The Awesome Mix - 1 & 2 (from Guardians of the Galaxy), Best of Abba, 70's Disco & Best of Queen. 

Dance Dancing GIF

• Like 6