Hello from AZ

overcome

After day 3 ...All the nicotine has left your body ....

Now it's just you and that little Nico monster that sits on your shoulder nagging...

But good news ...your stronger than him ...

Winning your little battles ..is how you win the war ...

This little saying got me through the bad times ....

Take Smoking Off The Table ....No Matter What Is Going On In Your Life ...

My junkie brain understood that ...Nothing will make me smoke ever ...

Upwards on Onwards ...🐸

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hang in there overcome! You are doing great and so good to hear your positive attitude. Keep reading and stay close and reach out if you need to. Nothing wrong with that. We all need support going through this and asking for help brings no shame or sign of weakness. Best wishes and stay positive. You can beat this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

After day 3 ...All the nicotine has left your body ....

Now it's just you and that little Nico monster that sits on your shoulder nagging...

This is my goal, to get past day 3 and that is today at 10:15pm.

Boy brain fog is real, I feel a little less tense and everything taste different . My coffee (must be something wrong with my coffee).

• Like 8

When you quit smoking your body will start to heal itself.  I found this to be an important thought when I first quit.  Quitting is one of the most important things you will ever do for yourself so keep your focus on this.  A good attitude will help you succeed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I thought the first day would have been the toughest, but today really has been.  So glad I took time off from work and stayed home to get through this. Lots of deep breathing is helping get through the weak moments. 

Anyone have a link to a good breathing exercise? 

• Like 7

Try some deep breathing in the open..fill those lungs with good clean air ....

There is a million things you can do to keep busy ...

Watch our video,s .. play some games ...look at the funny animal threads ..

Just 1 you carnt do ...smoke ..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yup! Day 3 is the worst for many, many quitters (not day 1). I had pretty bad brain fog too OC and I also took a few days off work because I just couldn't function. It was still tough when I went back but I did manage to get things worked out.

As others have said; "you're doing great" so celebrate that each day in some small way AND .... you have a new family (us)! Of course half of us are certifiably insane but hey; isn't that the case with most families 🤪

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I agree with all who are affirming that your day #3 struggles are very normal, @overcome. I am one of those people for whom breathing exercises (ironically) increase anxiety. Instead, I do grounding countdowns: concentrate hard on 5 things I can see, 4 I can hear, 3 I can touch, 2 I can smell, 1 thing I can taste, then repeat. I also do Alphabet Gratitude Lists (something I’m grateful for starting with A, then B, then all the way to Z). I fiddle with Silly Putty and got a couple aromatherapy inhalers. Push ups help, too. You CAN make it through this. I promise, it gets easier!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well it has been a rollercoaster of a day, but seems to be tapering off now. Thanks for sharing suggestions and experiences of what helped you all. i do know brain fog is real, oh my gosh. Looks like I will make it and hit the 3 day mark in a few hours.....woohoohoo!

I never did use the nicotine lozenges so those will go back ........ told wifee I want a chocolate cake instead. 😀 

You guys/gals are awesome, thank you all so much! 

• Like 9

You're doing great @overcome!

Please read up on triggers - there are the daily triggers that you're already overcoming.  

Then when you start feeling a bit confident, you get hit by the occasional triggers - going on vacation, meeting someone after many years, etc.  It's important to guard against those as it catches us unawares.

Then there are the life-event triggers - someone passes away, loss of job, etc.  Again, smoking doesn't really help solve anything but at those moments we're not thinking clearly.  Being aware and being prepared will help.

Wishing you strength in your journey.  It does get easier after some time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, overcome said:

I never did use the nicotine lozenges so those will go back ........ told wifee I want a chocolate cake instead. 😀 

Well done for not using the lozenges...why put more nicotine in ,just to take it out again ,down the line 

Chocolate cake is fine ...Little rewards are so important....after all ,what your achieving is 

Flippin Amazin !!!!!🐸

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DenaliBlues said:

Push ups help, too.

Push-Ups done to exhaustion got me through the heaviest bouts in the early days of my quit.

Any kind of physical activity is good for alleviating stress and resetting the mind and body.  It may be intense exercise or something as simple as a quick walk-around.

Other times, I would simply put on headphones and listen to music I like.

You can never have too many tools in your toolbox.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, jillar said:

My JAC (jillars air cigarette) and soft peppermint puffs got me through my whole first year. I  bought them by the tub full lol

61ZIComjJXL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Hi @jillar - where do you find those? I need to pick up about a years worth lol, looked at the local store today and nothing. 

Thanks

• Like 1